vic licence expired, please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlee77

Reaction score
Hello all, so I've just realised after not receiving my renewal letter that my Vic basic licence has probably expired.
I thought I brought the 3 year one but when I checked my banking history it looks like it was only one year (stupid mistake I know!). I'm also pretty sure that I forgot to put in my return for wildlife for the past few years with all the covid craziness.
So my question is does anyone know what the likely consequence of this will be and if there's anywhere I can check my licence details online?
I was going to call the DEWLP but I'm worried there might be a huge fine attached or worse, that they might confiscate (and possibly euthanise) my animals (snakes and a lizard).
All animals were purchased from pet stores years ago and I have records of this, including where I brought them and the licence numbers of those I purchased them from.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd call DEWLP and be honest. The sooner you address the issue the sooner you'll get a resolution. Given it's a government department they'll likely seek a back payment (just my opinion).

Latest posts

Back