Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
Hey all, headed up to the Mallee over Cup weekend with a few mates to see what we could find. We started off at Little Desert, then moved up through Big Desert, and across to Hattah - Kulkyne National Park. Here is some of what we found. Enjoy the photos!

Banjo Frog (Lymnodynastes dumerilii) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Burton's Legless Lizard (Lialis burtonis) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Painted Dragon (Ctenophorus pictus) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Mallee Military Dragon (Ctenophorus fordi) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Common Scaly-foot (Pygopus lepidopodus) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Prong-snouted Blind Snake (Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Dark-spined Blind Snake (Ramphotyphlops bicolor) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Southern Spiny-tailed gecko (Strophurus intermedius) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Southern Spiny-tailed gecko (Strophurus intermedius) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Beaded gecko (Lucasium damaeum) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Eastern Stone Gecko (Diplodactylus vittatus) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Mitchell's Short-tailed Snake (Parasuta nigriceps) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Common Scaly-foot (Pygopus lepidopodus) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Burton's Legless Lizard (Lialis burtonis) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Bandy Bandy (Vermicella annulata) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Bandy Bandy (Vermicella annulata) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Tree Dtella (Gehyra variegata) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Lace Monitor (Varanus varius) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Shingleback (Tiliqua rugosa) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Mallee Military Dragon (Ctenophorus fordi) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Murray Striped Skink (Ctenotus brachyonyx) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Strap-snouted Brown Snake (Pseudonaja aspidorhyncha) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Strap-snouted Brown Snake (Pseudonaja aspidorhyncha) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Desert Skink (Liopholis inornata) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Beaded gecko (Lucasium damaeum) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Mitchell's Cockroach (Polyzosteria mitchelli) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Tarantula by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Great stuff Matt, looks like another rewarding trip! The Brown Snake is my personal favourite.

Oh yeah, and the bandy bandy is a really good find. Apparently they're very uncommon in the Vic Mallee. Well done! Find any Rhynchoedura down there?

Oh yeah, and the bandy bandy is a really good find. Apparently they're very uncommon in the Vic Mallee. Well done! Find any Rhynchoedura down there?

it was a great find! ... im still buzzing from finding it! .. i was about to take a leak and found it! .. when i called matt over i think the eastern half of australia heard us scream !
haha woah rhynchoedura, calm down! .. theyre found a bit more east of where we went... But seeing the all the uncommon stuff we cleaned up on this trip theyll be our next target!

Matt, do you capture them and take them somewhere to be photographed? The pics look mostly too perfect to be taken as they just wonder by and you find them sitting there. The Lace Monitor one is only one that looks like a normal photo.

Great work, I work down at Hattah all the time and have not seen hardly any of those species. :)
Greg, half these species found us! We just had the perfect weather conditions I guess....

- - - Updated - - -

Matt, do you capture them and take them somewhere to be photographed? The pics look mostly too perfect to be taken as they just wonder by and you find them sitting there. The Lace Monitor one is only one that looks like a normal photo.
Nah Greg we usually photograph the animal in the same area as where it was found I don't like taking any animal out of its home. And if they are taken somewhere to be photographed (due to bad weather conditions or billions of flying insects swarming you which makes photography impossible), they are ALWAYS released exactly in the spot we found them.

I'd be too embarrassed to admit that Nick was a mate...
I don't think a lot of people realise the effort that goes into taking photos like this, let alone finding the animals. It's a lot of hard work, time and dedication.
I like the aspid, obviously :p

I'd be too embarrassed to admit that Nick was a mate...
I don't think a lot of people realise the effort that goes into taking photos like this, let alone finding the animals. It's a lot of hard work, time and dedication.
I like the aspid, obviously :p
Haha thanks mate! And yeah I loved the aspid, so awesome! Nick isn't my mate at all! I just found the kid wandering aimlessly through the bush...

Haha thanks mate! And yeah I loved the aspid, so awesome! Nick isn't my mate at all! I just found the kid wandering aimlessly through the bush...

looking for roaches is not aimless
both you matts are just jealous
and without me you wouldnt have bandy bandy

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't suggest you take them away from their home, just thought you might temporarily take them 50m back to your car to take the photos in a better set up. The quality is amazing!

I didn't suggest you take them away from their home, just thought you might temporarily take them 50m back to your car to take the photos in a better set up. The quality is amazing!
the habitat is so good all over hattah that isnt even needed!

Fantastic photos and finds! You guys did very well.

Regards,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back