Victorian Wildlife Licencing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisturbedDave

Reaction score
So, it's that time where we in Victoria, possibly elsewhere too, need to send in our reptile return form, which begs the question, why, in 2019, are we still forced to send in via post, our reptile ownership forms?

I raised this question with a lovely lady at DELWP, and she advised that back in 2017 there was a 'couple of months delay', in releasing OWLS (Online Wildlife Licencing System).
Now I'm not the brightest spark, but it seems to now be a couple of years.

I was advised, that the more noise they get about this, the more likely it is that we will get a much easier, streamlined, digital method in submitting our records, which will make it even easier for the breeders out there amongst us.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a direct email address, however they have a few methods in contacting them via social media (Facebook, Twitter), and also, which I will be doing, we can send in a letter with our returns, indicating that a digital method would streamline the entire process and eliminate late/missing returns due to postage errors.

I believe an influx in this request will see changes implemented sooner, so hopefully next year we won't have to use this tedious process again

There is a direct email address '[email protected]'
In fairness to DELWP they are limited in what they can do based on many factors (budgets, time & resources to name a few) and I dont see that swamping them with letters and emails is going to do anything positive.

I amongst others was recently surveyed by them so they are trying to improve processes and they have recently reduced the time to turn around import/export permits significantly. (No still not as good as an on-line process or as fast as some other states but it demonstrates a commitment to improve).

That's good that they are surveying and endeavouring to speed up the process, and by all means, I'm small fish as far as the effort I need to put into this.
Just seems they are spreading their own staff thin at this time of year, when there is a change that can be made to make the life of all Vic herp owners, and their own staff, easier when it comes to returns.

As mentioned, it was their own staff member who indicated that nothing appears to be happening, and their own internal documentation indicates that the project has been dormant for close to 2 years.

Definitely not having a crack at them saying that it's caused by laziness or "don't fix what isn't broken", and I know that they are lenient when it comes to late returns, but in this day and age, we have an app that connects you to other people in your area that are on the toilet - surely this isn't above them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back