Victorian Wildlife License Lapsed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stirlow

Reaction score
Hi,

My friend held a Victorian Wildlife License around 8 years ago and purchased a Snake from a breeder. He then forgot to renew the license or ever fill in the log book. He's now looking to move on from his snake. Does anyone know how wildlife department looks upon owners who fail to renew their license or fulfil their reporting requirements?

TIA

My guess - a fine (or a possible criminal conviction) - and the snake will be destroyed by the authorities.

Without the paper-trail, there's no evidence to suggest that the snake hasn't been taken from the wild, so there will be very little chance that it will be permitted to be moved on to a new home. I believe they're pretty strict in making sure only captive bred snakes are transferred, etc.

This is only my guess from stories I've heard in the past, so take it with a grain of salt, but I don't think there's going to be any nice outcome to this situation sorry to say. IIRC I think there's been similar topics on this in the past in this forum, so might be worth a search.

Ouch, thats horrible for the snake in that situation. I mean fining the owner makes sense but destroying the snake is just cruel.

Will have a search through the other posts

Latest posts

Back