WA reptile licence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan H

Not so new Member
Reaction score
(sorry if this doesnt go here)

I am about to apply for a category 3 licence, and it says
Personal experience and ability in keeping herpetofauna
and then it says
Attach written reference(s) supporting this application. These reference(s) should detail the applicants experience and ability in keeping herpetofauna
but this is my first time so what do i say? or do i leave it?

thanks

Ryan

the license

When i applied for my first license which was a category 3 i went and saw ken at reptile traders and he helped me do that part.

the closest reptile shop to me is two hours away, and i was planning to go there when im going to buy the snake, do you remember what you wrote? and do you live in WA because i think some states are different with the laws and all..

I just got my license today!! finally, tho i kept reps in nsw so i just put that. maybe just put down that it is your first time?

wait a sec i have another question, do you have to be over 18 to get a category 3 licence in WA?

when i applied for my license 3 years ago i just put i have done a lot of research on the internet,read books and spoke to pet shops that sell reptiles
that was for a cat 3 license
not sure about the age though

The standard form for a reptile licence is the same form used regardless of what category level you are applying for. With a category 3, you do not need references nor need any reptile keeping experience, so write nil if this is the case. If you were going for a higher licence level then those requirements are mandatory.

Yeh u dont need any experiance but u gotta be over 18 to apply for cat 3, u can get ur mum or dad to have the licinse under there name til u turn 18

I simply wrote that i have no current ability in keeping reptiles, still got it, it's mainly for the other catorgories i believe.

ok thanks everyone, thats all sorted, but.......i have one last question, what do i have to write for this?
Detail any convictions against the Western Australian Wildlife Conservation Act and/or Regulations, sorry about all this, i would ask the guy who im going to buy the python from but i think ive bothered him enough, with all the emails ive been sending him, hehe.

Pretty self explanatory, if you have any convictions for wildlife related offences list them. For most this wouldnt be an issue.

Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back