Weird Pygmy dragon eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gennn

Reaction score
Hi guys. One of my female Pygmy dragons/rankin’s dragons laid 21 fertile eggs 4 days ago. This is her second clutch and out of the 21 eggs (all have veins) 2 have developed this weird yellow blob on one side of the egg. I have candled those eggs and they still look good inside, just unsure if I should continue to incubate them. Eggs are in damp vermiculite and incubated at 28-29 degrees. Anyone have experience with this? CCC32536-EA91-41D3-AFF8-91C8CC7C79B7.jpeg05AE8476-1FCE-4640-AB17-F24DF1FA8170.jpeg

That is a weird looking egg ! I have never seen 1 like it. I'd keep it going unless it turns mouldy, as it might be a good one. Don't let it touch the others and if it turns yellow all over or goes mouldy chuck it out.
My girl laid 2 clutches of 16&17 eggs each so 21 is pretty good, the first clutch was 100% , second clutch due in days, I use temps of 29-31C and 16 hatched from the first.
I keep 3 types of beardies and bred all 3 this year so I have eggs and babies all over the place

Last edited:
Some people call these 'boob eggs', they're relatively common in snakes too. They're less likely to hatch than normal eggs but if you get incubation spot on you should get babies out of them.

Latest posts

Back