What !!another Substrate Question ????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

borntobnude

We are currently using crumbles in our dragon house and news paper in the snakes . Going through photo's I find a lot of snakes and lizards in the wild are found on that nice red/grey gravelly quartz mix and a lot of snakes hide in leaf litter . The leaf litter is cheap and easy to dispose of and the gravel mix would be easy to remove and wash .Neither of which would get caught in the glass tracks and I dont think , digested by the animals .

Is there anyone using these ?? .and are there any Major problems arising that i haven't thought of ?
And if you think it might be a good idea can you please post here so i can show the boss before i do it

thanks

OK so you ALL think this is a boring thread !!

Everyone out there (at least 68 of you that have read it ) is happy with the substrate that they use because someone told them that thats the best to use ,as cheap or expensive that it is , .
Surely there are forward thinkers out there looking at new and or different ways to improve or less the expense of this hobby
Or at least ones that have tried these and failed or had a major triumph ?????

Or is it just my USERNAME ?

I'll be honest I use bark and mulch for my Blueys with leaf litter, I just make sure it is large pieces to prevent impaction, and to further avoid it I feed them off food bowls. I know people reckon its bad but they love it they can dig in it, they hide in it, the rough edges help with their shedding and throw some leaf litter on top and it resembles the aussie garden which is where most blueys are found, it is also great for when I chuck live snails in because it seems like a garden to them

Thanks riotgirl i was having ugly convo's with the wife --she was thinking that everyone must use "paper'as no one had responded :)

yeah I was thinking that too when I first got my blueys because I really liked the natural look, so I got on google and looked at a few enclosures and looke at the enclosures I bought them from and yeah made my decision from there

we are using hemp bedding. Come to SOFAR expo tomorrow and get some. .

I have never used leaf litter but it could catch fire if it gets to hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back