What are the most playful species of reptiles in Australia?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, unfortunately no reptiles show affection towards humans, some accept you, but no affection. Sorry if I sounded stubborn there :) if you want something to potentially follow you around or cuddle with you, I'd get a bearded dragon, they can be quite fun and playfull at times. Hope this helps! :)

Nope, unfortunately no reptiles show affection towards humans, some accept you, but no affection. Sorry if I sounded stubborn there :) if you want something to potentially follow you around or cuddle with you, I'd get a bearded dragon, they can be quite fun and playfull at times. Hope this helps! :)
Thanks for the specific answer, just learned from it and thanks for sharing.

Are there any that love to play, or follow you around or show affection?
Here's an example of a crocodile that did make friends with his rescuer. But I doubt you have the room for a 4 meter croc. as a friend.

And I do recall a documentary about reptiles that showed a Komodo Dragon that did relax with visible pleasure when his keeper stroked him.

So I'm sure there are some, my guess is a monitor of some sort. They are very intelligent animals.

Awwwww! That's absolutely adorable! Even if it's most likely just demanding food.... it's still nice to be noticed!

I had a Stimson python that loved me so much, she would chase me around he room with her mouth open. Sweet little thing.
that's pretty cool

Here's an example of a crocodile that did make friends with his rescuer. But I doubt you have the room for a 4 meter croc. as a friend.

And I do recall a documentary about reptiles that showed a Komodo Dragon that did relax with visible pleasure when his keeper stroked him.

So I'm sure there are some, my guess is a monitor of some sort. They are very intelligent animals.

ridge tailed monitors are awesome fun and love playing with you. my pair love to run and jump up the stairs.

Latest posts

Back