What are your favourite resources?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerpDerp

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So someone mentioned another forum on another post and it got me thinking.

What are your favourite snake resources?

Personally I'd be interested in what YouTube channels you watch or other forums you frequent. But obviously I'd be interested in anywhere that you frequently access good, helpful information or have access to the communities knowledge and experience. I believe that I have asked about books in another thread. But I thought it would be interesting to see where else people get there info.

I love using the Australian reptile online database/ AROD to find information on distribution and habitat of snakes.

books are the best source of information, when you need it --- for you, either keeping and breeding aussie pythons by mike swan, or the complete carpet python by Nick and Justin (there are also lots of published books with lots of wrong information)

Knowledge from long time keepers who have been keeping for 20+ years

youtube channels too many to list them all ---
Kamp kenan, dav kaufman, Peter birch, muscle serpents (when there’s an Aussie species), NERD, Olympus reptiles
K brothers, prehistoric pets, brian barczyk

Other sites are definitely helpful, especially ballpythons forums for DIY stuff

And if your looking for a book about python keeping i would personally recommend a guide to Australian pythons in captivity by Adam Elliott. It holds a lot of husbandry information for people who are just starting out.

books are the best source of information, when you need it --- for you, either keeping and breeding aussie pythons by mike swan, or the complete carpet python by Nick and Justin (there are also lots of published books with lots of wrong information)

Knowledge from long time keepers who have been keeping for 20+ years

youtube channels too many to list them all ---
Kamp kenan, dav kaufman, Peter birch, muscle serpents (when there’s an Aussie species), NERD, Olympus reptiles
K brothers, prehistoric pets, brian barczyk

Other sites are definitely helpful, especially ballpythons forums for DIY stuff
thank you so much this is great!!!

A few really good Aussie YouTube channels: Coops reptiles, Beaches scaly beasts, Wildlife unleashed, Dan's reptiles.

Latest posts

Back