What Do I Need For A Click Clack Set Up?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjwooster

Reaction score
I know I need the container, the heating mat, thermostat, thermometer, water bowl and hidey box. What else do I need?

Maybe a bit of that plastic-coated creeper/vine mesh stuff, bent into a 3-d shape to climb on. I can't remember what that stuff is called.

Edit: Plastic 50mm trellis

Last edited:
Oh I have a vine for him too, forgot about that! Its like a branch/vine thing, frog is too fat to sit on it so never used it lol perfect for a snake to branch on though

Although I haven't acquired a snake from them, I think it would be worth having a look at Pythonalia for a first snake. They usually sell hatchy starter kits.

I know I need the container, the heating mat, thermostat, thermometer, water bowl and hidey box. What else do I need?
We had dowelling running through the container to form platforms for the hatchies to lounge on. Worked well and they seemed to like it up there most of the time.

I think you have it covered, except for paper towel as substrate. As for hides, just use whatever cardboard box you have in the house, cut down to size as appropriate; Shapes boxes, teabag boxes, etc. all make great hatchie hides. If they defecate in them, and they usually do, throw it away and get another one.

I found the best disposable hide to use was the good old dunny roll tube and by joining a few together in irregular shapes it also made a good elevated platform from which to survey it's kingdom and get away from the heat if it wanted, and yeah the very best substrate in the click clack is most definitely paper towel especially if your hatchy likes a swim as much as my spotties did, good luck with your new snake whatever it is and welcome to the addiction, make sure you put a pic up of whatever you get. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

You seem all ready to go. That is all you need, don't forget to soder or drill some ventilation holes in lid and sides! The pythonalia gives a great list of what you need. The themostats what come with their kits are the thermostats ive always used and they work really well. You can get them off ebay for about $20. I ahve never had one **** itself so far and I've been keeping reptiles for over 3 years now. Although I really wouldn't suggest buying the kit off them- really over priced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back