What got u guys into reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parents took us kids on a year long road trip around Aus - including up the red centre - when I was around 7, I was home schooled and my classroom became whatever caravan park we were staying at that week.
My dad was always pulling the car over when he saw a lizard or any other animal, and I had many a close up and personal interaction with reptiles that were just incredible.
I’ll never forget seeing a thorny devil in the middle of the road, nothing but red dirt on either side, and pulling over to move it off the road. Best moment of my childhood by far.

Attachments

• 27C3EF15-F7DD-4218-90C6-6895170677BC.jpeg
    27C3EF15-F7DD-4218-90C6-6895170677BC.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 10
The fear of snakes is what got me interested.. but I learnt and did my research and once you realise that there not all as bad as they are made out to be, I fell in love with the snake side of things anyways for me .
this is what got my son into snakes, he was already a lizard lover. But to get over his fear of snakes he bought 1, and realized they weren't so bad. Now he has several and convinced me to get some as well

this is what got my son into snakes, he was already a lizard lover. But to get over his fear of snakes he bought 1, and realized they weren't so bad. Now he has several and convinced me to get some as well
Did u also have a fear of snakes? Or just weren’t interested in them before he convinced you?

I got into keeping snakes after keeping aquariums of fish for 30 years plus. I wish I'd discovered snakes many years ago now. Aquariums are nice - and I'll still keep one running untill I'm too old to maintain it, but snakes are superior in nearly every way, for me, pity I don't have a time machine to go back and do it all again!

Did u also have a fear of snakes? Or just weren’t interested in them before he convinced you?
no fear, just not interested. I've always been more into dragons.
He had Stimmies and Spotted, my other son had a Childreni so he said I should get a Pygmy to complete the set. I ended up buying a pair of Pygmy Banded pythons because of an advertising blunder. I now have a childreni and a pair of striped blonde spotted as well.

Back