Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BredliFreak

Reaction score
What have you been bitten by?

Categories apply

Skink: Small skinks (i.e eulamprus, saproscincus pseudemoia lampropholis). Blueys have tried (inlcuding pet one), haven't been bitten yet and am very paranoid lol
Dragon: Many jackies
Geckos/pygopods: Christinus marmoratus, once
Monitors: none yet, hopefully not any ever
Python: Captive hatchy carpets (a jag once, and Red about 5 times)
elapid: none, hopefully stays that way
Other snakes: none
Other: A cat, dogs, chameleons, a tortoise, a turtle, many mozzies, leeches, ticks, ants. Can't think of any more for now.

[MENTION=41799]BredliFreak[/MENTION] sounds like your a walking chew toy

I have been bitten by
Python: Bredli, Gtp, Small scrub
Monitor: lacie about 1m
colubrid: Green Tree snake, Keelback
Dragon: bearded and a water when i was young
Fish: Tiny bull shark while fishing and a mangrove jack.
Spider: Redback.

that it for anything interesting, I guess when you love animals these things happen when you get too close

Some variety of garden skink attacked my finger while I was living in Sydney. I'd just rescued the little bugger from a bucket it had somehow gotten into.

My male bearded dragon have me a defensive bite once while he was in the mesh enclosure outside on clean out day. He does not like being outside, from the second he went in there he put on quite a fierce threat display, and chomped my hand as I was hurriedly relocating him back inside.

Been bitten by a couple of pythons, all young, but not by my own one.

My gould's missed a cockroach and nipped my finger once. Good thing he was very tiny at that point in time! He let go immediately....

...however an ackie I was holding went all pit bull on my finger about two days ago. Took quite a bit to get him to let go, in the end one of the staff at the aquarium had to gently force it's mouth open with some feeder tongs in order to free my finger. Shame, the ackie was behaving so well up unto that point. I bought him anyway.

Plenty of nips from felines, not a single one drawing blood though, all family pets having a play. Been unzipped by a feral cat once though, left a nasty slash down my arm. Little sod.

When I was three a golden retriever went for a cookie I was holding and put some holes in my ear instead, wasn't pleasant. Been funny around dogs ever since, still am at age 30.

And I'm a walking mosquito feast. If there's a mossie or flea within ten city blocks, it will find me and bite the ever living out of me. Every time.

Green ants (vicious little buggers and their sting really hurts)
Bull ant (once only, yes those big ones .... wouldn't wish a sting from them on my worse enemy)
mosquitoes (too often every summer while fishing at night)
sandflies (too often every summer while fishing)
wolf spider (I sat in it in the dark while camping and got snailed on the bum)
budgie
cat (was patting and it was purring and suddenly turned on me and sank it's claws and teeth into my hand and arm ..... never trust a cat)
dog (rough play as puppy)
3 lined skink (when I was a kid and catching them)
bluetongue skink (see above) and occasionally by accident when handfeeding (more recent)
bearded dragon (by accident while handfeeding)
tailor (while trying to extract ganged hooks)
blue swimmer crab (well not exactly bitten - but it got me good with a nipper on the thumb while I was removing the hook and the line that was tangled around it, went through the thumb nail and I had to use my fishing knife to lever the nipper open)
squid (never grab one too far from the head when removing the squid jig or when putting a live squid on a pair of 8/0 hooks for bait)
beach worm (while gathering them)
leaches
big crickets (yes they do pack a good nip !)

No really nasty bites I can remember anyway.

But a woma python hatchy did attach herself to my finger and tried to nom on that.

The usual bull ants, mozzies, the odd spider, my old dog has nipped my fingers a few times, he has bad aim and when I give him a treat or some leftovers he gets excited and snaps in the general direction of my fingers. No damage though, he's hardly any teeth left.

A stallion bit my bum through my jeans while I was cleaning his stable, but really only grabbed the fabric and chomped down, so more of a bruise.

I've been bitten by a few young kids/toddlers. They are the worst. :p

Actually I forgot, my worst bite was from a pet bird, a green cheek conure, I still have faint scars on my the back of my hand from her. Nasty. She would grab onto the skin and twist, so much blood from that little biatch... I could have cheerfully strangled her, but I rehomed her to a breeder.

Last edited:
Jesus I wonder how you people still have fingers!

Snapped you reminded me, I have been bitten a few times by this bloody FERAL galah that a mate owns a couple of times and boy did that hurt.

I personally enjoy it when i hear someone talk about rushing to the hospital after a redback bite. I was 19 when i got bitten still living at home, i remember telling mum and she freaked out and said we need to call an ambulance hahaha.. If i would of had a bad reaction i would of been off to the doctors but it just wasnt that bad..however It did hurt and made me feel a bit uneasy in the stomach

The "LOVE BUG" that's the worse 1 of all, it never heals. :) ....................Ron

It sure don't... Grumble...

Oh I forgot the currawong I extracted from the grille of my Navara. Thought it was dead, disassembled the front of the car to get it out. It flopped on the ground and promptly hissed at me. Threw a towel over it and scooped it up, unwrapped it's head and it chomped my finger. I honestly don't blame it. Poor thing had to be euthanised, was suffering partial paralysis from the 100km/h impact.

And once while working in South Hedland on a rail project I found an enormous green grasshopper. Extracted it from my work area and it showed its appreciation for my concern for its safety by savaging my glove. It put holes in it. Never looked at them the same way since.

Last edited:
Does a Venus flytrap count? Lol. Anyway I've been bitten/stung by to many things to name but in regards to reptiles I've been bitten by a stone gecko, multiple times by a childrens python and twice by my woma(though I don't blame her for either). But if I really need to name them all I'll try to name as many as I can:princess parrot, bourkes parrot, scarlet chested parrot, Quaker, sun conure, jenday conure, green cheeked conure, rainbow lorikeet, scaly breasted lorikeet, budgie, magpie goose, zebra finch, gouldian finch, blue faced parrot finch, cockatiel, galah, sulphur crested cockatoo, blue and gold macaw, eclectus parrot, australian king parrot,tawny frogmouth, satin bowerbird, emu and plenty of other birds, striped marsh frog, perons tree frog, baby eastern water dragon, some sort of skink, red forest jewel cichlid, tomatoe clownfish, goldfish, guinea pigs, rabbits, cats, dogs, brush tailed possum, antechinus, people, leeches, paralysis tick, bush tick, flea, too many mozzies, meat ants, fire ants, bull ants, whatever those tiny black ants are, horsefly, lice, redback and plenty of unidentified things. I'm sure there are many more but I just can't think of them atm

Last edited:
Pythons: A few "love taps", and a couple of food response bites where they did the full wrap around; one was my fault, don't smell like meat when you put your hand in the tank.
Dragons: water dragon got a bit over keen one day, and bit my finger holding the cricket container instead of the crickets IN the container.
Monitors: Didn't realize how hungry one of our Mertens was when I was filling up her swimming pool. She thought my thumb was a chicken neck I think. And one of the ackies decided he didn't like being held one day and bit me on the soft bit between my thumb and finger.

Jesus I wonder how you people still have fingers!

Snapped you reminded me, I have been bitten a few times by this bloody FERAL galah that a mate owns a couple of times and boy did that hurt.

Oh yeah, birds can deliver a nasty bite, that's for sure.

Our galah we had growing up used to be very gentle, only occasionally nibbling on our ear lobes and toes seemed to be a bit of fun too.

Well pythons I've only been bitten by Popeye...like 50 times because I didn't know you aren't supposed to hold them on the first week, let alone first day XD

My cat, but cat bites rarely make you bleed, its the claws you have to watch out for. We had a family of feral cats living in our yard for a few weeks. We let the mother raise the babies to about three months, then caught them to take them to the RSPCA. One male was very persistent in his attempts to leave and gave me a nasty scar down my arm. A few alcohol rubs later it was all good.

Bull ants. Damn those are painful.
Green ants are really bad.
And those little red ants that jump around.

Those skinks in everyone's yards.

Black field crickets pack a surprising punch.

Centipedes a pains too, I got lucky and only got a dry bite, so no venom, but still hurts.

And mozzies, I attract those XD.

And Ron, I agree. The love bug is a recluse, but when it finds a victim...there's no letting go.

Cheers,
Herpo

been bitten by all sorts of things,
got pinched by a large male mud crab.. it crushed my fingernail (it hurt pretty bad and bled a bit).,
been bitten on the thumb by a 30cm tailor,
I have had my shins bitten by a sulphur crested cockatoo(was my pet until that incident lol)
been bitten by rats,Rabbits and a guinea pig
few others

I have been bitten by-

Cattle dog
Paralysis Tick x 2
Huntsman Spider
Shingle Back
Blue Tongue Lizard
Lace Monitor 1.5m
Bearded Dragon
Water Dragon
Carpet Python
Diamond Python
Children's Python
Green Tree Python
Black Headed Python
Green Tree Snake
Dwyers Snake x 20
Brown Snake x 1
Tiger Snake x 2

Last edited:
Only exciting ones worth mentioning for me are
*Octopus
*Shark
*Weta

Other than that the only other mildly exciting ones are
*Jungle
*Bluetongue
*Frilly
*Skaapsteeker - Psammophylax rhombeatus (South African Snake)
*Yellow Spotted Monitor
*Brown Tree Snake
*Childrens Python
*Galah
*Dog
*Cat
*Mouse & Rat
*Tarantula
[MENTION=10492]jase75[/MENTION] ,How were those elapid bites? Must have been a bit of a concerns at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back