What is it ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals, I was trawling through FB a couple of days ago and came across this pic and everyone trying to tell everyone else what it was in their hmmmm expert opinions, some of the opinions were: Scrubby, Diamond, Jungle, King Brown (had to laugh about that 1). I did not comment but i thought it might have been a big Coastal, the area it was stated to be from was The Sunshine Coast. What do you Guys and Gals say. :) .......................Ron

Attachments

• 1465404_667652666588484_1213351812_n.jpg
    1465404_667652666588484_1213351812_n.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 398
Scrubby... Head shape, pattern, colouration and size are my reasons for forming my "expert opinion" lol

100% scrub , you can see his blue doctors uniform in the bush just behind him , must of just knocked off ;) :)

Looks like a Scrub Python based on size, pattern, colouration and head shape.

Scrub python although I doubt it's really the sunshine coast unless someone has lost one in the area.

Ok thanks to all who have commented, Scrubby it is, it is amazing to me sometimes how wrong i can be, "i thought i was right once but it turned out i was wrong again" :) ......................Ron

From that photo I still think it could be either but I do lean strongly towards a Scrub Python. The sheen from the top of the head would indicate it has the enlarged head shields of a scrubby rather than the small fragmented head scales of a carpet. The perspective with people behind it makes t look larger than it is, but it is still very large snake, probably too long for a carpet. Apart from that, I am happy to go with those who are more experienced. So wild Sunshine Coast it is not.

Ron, shall we take it in turns wearing the cone with the “D” on it in the corner?

Blue

My first thought was, hey that looks like the smithfield trails (Bike trails in north Cairns). My second thought was that is a scrubby. :)

Looks like " wait a while" palm in the background too which would put it in north Queensland somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back