What on earth is this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mozzie larvae ????? that looks nothing like one. i feed mozzie larvae to my mosquito fish and i can tell u that is very far away from looking like one. anyway if it was in saltwater how can it be a mozzie larvae

Definitely some sort of larva.. completely harmless to your fry I'd say.. very interesting, and cool. Hold onto it and see if it develops into an adult!

The fry seem well advanced for their age, they'd be about 15 days old today and based on fry growth charts, they're the size of a 3.5wk old. I have some frozen daphnia (haven't the faintest on where to get safe live ones) and defrosted some to have a look, and they're huge lol. I read somewhere that you can grate the block while its still frozen so the fry can eat it, might give that a go.

I have some BBS from about 1.5 weeks ago that I actually froze (not long after they hatched), I'm thinking I may use these for a while, instead of continuing to get the live ones. I know they'll be less nutritious for the fry, but I'd rather keep them healthy.

I've tossed this batch of BBS as the presence of this organism, whether harmless or not, still makes me wary- how did it get in there? Aquarium stores never seem to be the most hygenic of places to me, so I'm now just going to steer clear I think. Also, the fuzzy growth around the organism looks suspicious to me.

Thanks anyway guys, and yes you did help me decide on what to do, so thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back