What snake is this?? Mk II

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Col J

Reaction score
I was at Teemburra Dam the other day (50km west of Mackay) & spotted this guy cruising around in the middle of the dam. It was difficult getting close enough for the shots & not let him in the boat. He's carrying a bit of livestock as well. I assumed he was a Taipan because he looks so different to browns from my local area at home. I also saw some juveniles around the edges which were just a small version of this guy.

Well I've been down to the bottlo & bought a carton of XXXX Gold & a couple of packets of chips & now I'm sitting back, ready for the next discussion. Fire away guys & gals!!

Col J.

PS. Maybe it's a Keelback

Attachments

• IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 346
yeah i agree with hodges, looks like a king brown 2me..... nothing better than a cold beer and watching a forum...

The large section where he looks like he has a full gut seemed to float very high in the water.

Taipan or an eastern brown, leaning towards brown. Doesn't look like a mulga to me....

ahh cant win them all, i was judging by the scales and scale colour.

Mulga snake, although called a king brown, its actually a member of the black snake family

Yea thats what I thought at 1st, I was about to say Eastern, but then everyone started saying Mulga, I thought its head was way to thin. now im going definatley 110% Eastern Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back