Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nakerz_the_herp

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I just set up a new enclosure for my adult spotted python and wanted a new substrate. At the moment he's on newspaper but I'm most likely going to the GC expo and I was gonna get some substrate cheap. So, what substrate do you use?

Aspen Snake Bedding.

May think of swapping to CareFresh, not sure yet though.
I'll swap to anything else that allows for spot cleaning and looks aesthetically pleasing (not Breeder's Choice).

I've caught my Stimson python burrowing under/through the aspen bedding in his enclosure multiple times now.

for my beardies, news paper atm but im gonna put her on sand atm so she can try and beed this year
when i get my childreni ill have it too i guess

moonshadow pebbles in my display tanks
sand in the beardie's

paper in the rest

white a4 paper for my snake.
desert sand for my geckos.
white a4 paper and tiles for my dragon.

i just use fibrecycle now..recycled pellets

sand is crap for snakes, aspen isnt all its cracked up to be either..

newspaper is good as long as you change it a bit, but looks average,

Why is sand crap for snakes? I have kitty crumble atm in my snake tank but I was looking at going sand. What dramas did you or have you heard of with sand??

Beardies are on sand at the moment which is annoying me!! will probably go back to newspaper, Blueys on news paper, netties on news paper and desert sand for my Knobbies. I'm a fan of news paper lol

aspen snake bedding.. for snakes.. and my water dragon is on coco fiber and bark..

lizards - sand, cocopeat+sand mix
frogs - cocopeat, pebbles
snakes - :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back