What to do when you have to part with your pet snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spot2503

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am relocating out of Australia and unfortunately can't take my pet who I have had with me for over 10 years.
I have tried pretty much all zoos which keep snakes, and the reptile parks in NSW, but they cannot take her; and I have just now posted here to see if someone will take her.
Can anyone tell give me advice on what I should do if I can't find a home for her?
I know I can release her into her natural habitat (coastal QLD - quite far away) but I am also worried that her food-privileged life will make her a lousy hunter.

Open to suggestion.
Many thanks.

Regards,
Steve

Can anyone tell give me advice on what I should do if I can't find a home for her?

You can try contacting your local Herp Society, they should be able to assist with this.

I know I can release her into her natural habitat (coastal QLD - quite far away)

No, you definitely can't do this. At the very least, it would be illegal to do so.

Your Marketplace thread has not mentioned a price, yet you have put it in the sales forum. If you are looking for payment then you should add the desired price range to the post. However, if you are happy for it to go free to a good home then I can move the thread to Freebies.

You can try contacting your local Herp Society, they should be able to assist with this.

No, you definitely can't do this. At the very least, it would be illegal to do so.

Your Marketplace thread has not mentioned a price, yet you have put it in the sales forum. If you are looking for payment then you should add the desired price range to the post. However, if you are happy for it to go free to a good home then I can move the thread to Freebies.
Thanks for the clarification, on the release, Rob.
Please move the post to Freebies; my mistake.

Latest posts

Back