What to feed baby tree snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flax1

Reaction score
Just got a baby tree snake and I'm unsure what to feed it, I'm trying to get it to feed on live sprats at the moment but not sure if he'll eat those, would he eat small crickets and skinks? What are your recommendations, cheers!

Depends on the type of tree snake. Several snakes get called various types of treesnake (Brown Treesnake, Green/Common Treesnake, Green Tree Python and others) and there are many different types. These three examples are all extremely different with very different feed preferences.

If you don't have any idea and are speculating about crickets, it sounds very much like this is a wild caught snake so I'm not going to suggest anything other than letting it go immediately wherever it was caught. If you did buy it and it's captive bred, ask the breeder. Most likely you're talking about either a Brown or Common Treesnake and neither is a good choice for a beginner.

It's a common tree snake forgot the mention that.
[doublepost=1546352885,1546352831][/doublepost]Also I've had snakes before just never one so small

Either ask the breeder or if it's wild (which definitely seems to be the case), probably better to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back