what to feed turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firedragon

Reaction score
I've been doing some more reading on what to feed our turtles. Some info says not to feed red meat or salt water fish cause it's not good for them. Other info says beef heart, liver and raw saltwater prawns and octopus are ok. I've also read some home made recipes that have included red meat in the mix (similar to turtle dinner i'd think). I've been advised not to feed them the frozen turtle fish dinner 'cause it containes red meat. what do i do. Also for the fish products (calamari, freshwater muscels & prawns etc) is it best to go to a fish market or is some stuff from coles ok. Banana was another I read :? whats the go there. HELP what info do i listen to

bloodworms, freshwater shrimp, frozen hole fish, live fish, yabbis

Yeah Craig Latta and John Cann would have to be the two most knowledgable turtle folk in Oz i reckon, so unless your other info is coming from John, then i'd certainly take Craig's word as gospel. :)

Yeah Craig Latta and John Cann would have to be the two most knowledgable turtle folk in Oz i reckon, so unless your other info is coming from John, then i'd certainly take Craig's word as gospel. :)

What about Arthur Georges and Scott Thomson?

They can eat earthworms but I don't think they are particularly high in nutritional value (better than mealies though). Personally I don't rate mealworms much but the key is variety with plenty of plant material. Don't overfeed, the little blighters are bottomless pits and will eat an amazing amount if you offer it

Ours get feeder fish, shrimp, freshwater snails, plenty of greens and I'm going to try to get some glass cleaner shrimp soon cause I think they'll like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back