what to seal a background with ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaper

Reaction score
just finished making a fake rock wall for the back of my enclosure and was wondering whats the best things to use to seal it ??

Pondtite. But it will be shiny. I am currently trying the solo guard natural stone finish outdoor paint. It is white so you just add in what ever colour you want. Comes out really well actually, and shouldn't absorb... But if its already painted, and you don't mind shiny. I would go pondtite :D

I agree with pond sealer. It is made to be completely water tight so you know it will be good for the small amount of liquid created by the snakes or tipped over water bowls etc.

Pondtite. But it will be shiny. I am currently trying the solo guard natural stone finish outdoor paint. It is white so you just add in what ever colour you want. Comes out really well actually, and shouldn't absorb... But if its already painted, and you don't mind shiny. I would go pondtite :D

Not all pond sealer is gloss. I recently used a black one to seal the entire inside of a converted cabinet and it has a matte finish. It also has the added bonus of having sand particles in it so it gives a really nice, rough finish.

Pondtite is hard to find at some bunnings apparantly, i dont have a problem at my local, :) check any hardware store, just make sure you tell them you want either 'Pondtite' or something that is safe for ponds. dont let the 'gloss' factor put you off, a bit of fine grade sandpaper (1200Grit) or fine steel wool (not the stuff under the kitchen sink) will soon knock the worst of the shine off. normally you would do 3 -4 layers of sealer, but put on an extra layer so you can rub the last layer, go gentle you're not trying to smooth anything out, just a few gentle wipes should be enough to rid the evil gloss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back