what type of snake is this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neisha018

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi I was out driving late last year and found this snake was just wondering if anybody could tell me what type of snake it was??

Attachments

• IMG_3909.jpg
    IMG_3909.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 335
was about to say golden crown but only 10% sure

im pretty sure its a slaty grey snake, its a non-venomous colubrid
cheers

It's Eastern Small-Eyed Snake

Jordan,

For something as simple as a small eye you get 2 others...ah well.....and I agree with Jordan...its Cryptophis nigrescens
Cheers,
Scott

Lol, I've only ever seen 1 of these guys and for a split second before my mate yelled out they had a Stephen's Banded further down the track so I left it and ran haha.

I'm not so sure about it being a small-eyed snake. The snout looks a bit too pointed on the specimen pictured, and the eyes look a little too big in comparison with the head.

Could it be a juvenile blue bellied/spotted black?

to me it is the close relative of the small eyed.. The Carpentaria Snake - Cryptophis boschmai. Makes more sense if you look at their distribution too since i assume this was found in Bundaberg which is pretty dry. The photo is a little hard because it has moved its head during the photo which makes the head shape look funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back