When your python pops a feed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CjLeveille

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Im new the python owning game and lucky enough to have a good feeder. 10 month old Darwin carpet .
My question is do the self clean šŸ¤” šŸ˜‚ I'm not sure if the water I had the velvet rat in was too warm or she just squeezed and held too hard, the rat popped and it's blood n guts came out as she was gobbling it up..Left a bit of a mess on herself and the branches n stuff. Do I need to clean her and the tank? I obviously don't want to handle her but what do I do?

Usually rodents popping is a sign that water was too hot!

definitely give it a clean before it starts smelling, try to work around the snake

Its only in a little tank atm. Should I wait until tomorrow morning? And what about the snake itself do I need to bath her in a few days? or should be ok you think?

Thanks for quick reply too. Really appreciate it. You do a lot of stressing as a new first time owner lol

Its only in a little tank atm. Should I wait until tomorrow morning? And what about the snake itself do I need to bath her in a few days? or should be ok you think?

Thanks for quick reply too. Really appreciate it. You do a lot of stressing as a new first time owner lol
I would bathe her after her next bowel movement and just clean up the tank now šŸ™‚

Latest posts

Back