where do you think is the best place to keep reptiles in AUS is

Help Support AUSSIE PYTHONS:

Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
lol technically Jannico is probably kinda right. From what I've read about the levels of bureaucracy and difficulty of obtaining licences and import/exports I'd say QLD

Snakeluvver2

Suspended
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know, the NT sounds great and if you love WA species then WA would be awesome.
Still I like not having to screw around with crappy import licenses and messing around with other license other than Venomous snakes and Damage Mitigation.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
For climate control and ease of maintenance far north Queensland close to the coast is the best by a fairly large margin
Open the doors/windows.... Shut the doors/windows....Turn fan on... Turn fan off... That simple most of the time
That is assuming that you dont use air conditioning
Inland Queensland, Darwin and NT can be great but they do get some extreme temps at times

Two small amendments to this

For licencing NT by a HUGE margin... so simple up there

Air-conditioning also plays a major role
I cannot count the number of times I have been told 'How come my snakes dont want to crawl around the house like your do"
In nearly every instance they had air-conditioning and of course the snake doesnt want to leave his nice warm viv

Last edited:

snakeman478

Reaction score
Queensland by far. Still i wish we could keep crocs. I would even settle for a freshy.LOL

abnrmal91

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Tassie lol nar just kidding QLD sounds like a good place to keep them

Snakewoman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Vic is very good, we can keep heaps of thing down here.

kawasakirider

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
For climate control and ease of maintenance far north Queensland close to the coast is the best by a fairly large margin
Open the doors/windows.... Shut the doors/windows....Turn fan on... Turn fan off... That simple most of the time
That is assuming that you dont use air conditioning
Inland Queensland, Darwin and NT can be great but they do get some extreme temps at times

Two small amendments to this

For licencing NT by a HUGE margin... so simple up there

Air-conditioning also plays a major role
I cannot count the number of times I have been told 'How come my snakes dont want to crawl around the house like your do"
In nearly every instance they had air-conditioning and of course the snake doesnt want to leave his nice warm viv

How much easier is NT licensing compared to QLD? It took me 5 mins to get my QLD license :)

werdy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Someone told me the other day that it was hard to get licenses in QLD.

they said they needed to provide an essay type application about care of certain species

They must of had it wrong

kawasakirider

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Someone told me the other day that it was hard to get licenses in QLD.

they said they needed to provide an essay type application about care of certain species

They must of had it wrong

Lol, I just filled my name in the field and provided a credit card number. This was very recently, too.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
That might be for vens or for demo licences. Trent you guys also have it easy with books and paperwork. Up until they introduced the ebook we had to send our paper book in every year. Also import and export permits apparently suck to try and get in NSW

Jay84

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Vic is great, not only can we keep a number of reptiles, but also native mammals etc.

To keep vens is easy, just pay for the appropriate license, no need for courses etc!

werdy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
really , you never done a course

lol

yeah i have plains rats and mitchells hopping mice on my license, i want some more native mammals like dunnarts and surgar gliders lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts