where do you think is the best place to keep reptiles in AUS is

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically no questions asked in NT
You want it?
Got a receipt?
Ok its on your books [which they seldom seem to keep a record of]
Very easy to get along with too
very little bureaucratic nonsense

Melbourne Victoria would have to be the hardest place to keep reptiles
Unless you have air-conditioning that four seasons in one day thing is not too easy to arrange things for

That might be for vens or for demo licences. Trent you guys also have it easy with books and paperwork. Up until they introduced the ebook we had to send our paper book in every year. Also import and export permits apparently suck to try and get in NSW

Yeah man, we have it easy with everything. If you don't let your rego lapse on your car up here, it never has to be given a roadworthy certificate, and even if the rego does lapse, you get 30 days to re register it and you don't have to get your car looked at. Pretty dodgy :)

Melbourne Victoria would have to be the hardest place to keep reptiles
Unless you have air-conditioning that four seasons in one day thing is not too easy to arrange things for

Hardest?!?!? No way! I don't have aircon, or heating in my house lol (its an old Victorian terraced house in the inner suburbs). I have neer had any issues. All you need is a thermostat! lol

Victoria for sure, gotta love our licensing system ;)
Where else can you get a scrubby or a lacey as your first reptiles :lol:

Have to admit though, the weathers pretty weird sometimes, as the saying goes
'if you dont like melbournes weather, wait 10 minutes :lol:

Last edited:
Here in QLD Im pretty sure scrubbies and lacies are on a basic license. it took me 10 mins to get my license, very easy. I like the fact that we can keep so many awesome species, although I wish we could keep sugar gliders. There are few species we cant keep here, crocs are one (which is sorta a good thing :shock: ) but you gotta love the fact that your allowed a marsh snake as a starter :lol:

In N.T you buy your first snake before you get a license then send copy of reciept to Gov and they send back a license

And it costs nothing.
By the way Chilli mudcrab you are my favourite food : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back