Where has banter been?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with banter, each to their own however instigating it at the detriment of others is just petty IMO.

Either way, a debate is always healthy.

Game of Thrones is not a good TV show...

All good Stu, not trying to Instigate anything, and those with a decent sense of humor will see that my ramblings were just an attempt at doing a mishmash of all the argument worthy subjects in 1 post so as not to appear biased on any 1 subject and to show that it is OK to broach any subject without anyone feeling like it is an attack on them or their particular animal of choice be it large or small pest or pet, if we can't laugh at ourselves how are we going to laugh with others. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

All good Ron, my post wasn't ai,ed at anyone and apologies if it was worded that way.
I hoped the final comment would appease the forum gods from releasing the hounds.

Here's a good topic for banter - is it worth producing albino jags? Given that the mutation affects the migration of cells that produce melanin and albinos don't produce melanin, it seems pointless to me. Any photos to convince me otherwise?

(Double mutations are always good for controversial banter)

Exotics. Surprised no one else dropped the nuclear bomb.

I'm also surprised that people would call Trump a moron. I could understand debates about liking or disliking him, but he is enough of a moron to have made billions of dollars and unless he is assassinated, in six month he will be elected as president of the USA, arguably the most powerful man in the world. He must have some idea what he is doing.

Yeah, the problem is threads get closed before the debate gets to sort itself out. Then we have grudges and arguments spill over to other threads.
Cough..cough.... Pygmy croc thread.... Cough....cough....cough

- - - Updated - - -

Exotics. Surprised no one else dropped the nuclear bomb.

I'm also surprised that people would call Trump a moron. I could understand debates about liking or disliking him, but he is enough of a moron to have made billions of dollars and unless he is assassinated, in six month he will be elected as president of the USA, arguably the most powerful man in the world. He must have some idea what he is doing.
Nuclear bomb??? Pfft.

"I got all my lizards from my backyard Oh I also got one from the park down the road.... I don't see what the problem with that is."

Pah, I have something far superior to your crappily crafted "bombs."

Dropping in 3

"I found a corn snake at the park, I don't see why I can't keep it!"

I honestly met a guy from NSW Parks who asked me for advice about keeping the Honduran milk snake he had been given. Needless to say, he did NOT work in wildlife licensing. I answered his question and then pointed out that he might be fired if his bosses ever found out what he was keeping. He was in the plant end of things and really didn't know.:shock:

After spending the last few hours going through threads I've posted on in the past I've gotta say things really have tamed down now. Some of the humour expressed in the past seems to have been lost a little, as clever and subtle as it was.

And this was a time when the forum was ridiculously over moderated!

Also funny to read threads from members who were banned in that period who have now rejoined under new names and are current members.

Don't forget the urban myths that used to get a regular run in the forums.

Do you really miss the trolls, flames, baiting and outright nastiness .... ?

A little tbh, but generally the nastiness of the argument is overrexaggerated. I mean, we haven't even used the C word yet (no not crap) from what I've seen

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of banter, Hey [MENTION=41820]pythoninfinite[/MENTION] there's a "Pygmy Python" ad and it neither has Pygmy banded so or per thesis from what I can see

A little tbh, but generally the nastiness of the argument is overrexaggerated. I mean, we haven't even used the C word yet (no not crap) from what I've seen

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of banter, Hey @pythoninfinite there's a "Pygmy Python" ad and it neither has Pygmy banded so or per thesis from what I can see

Ha! Been out of range of mobiles and computers for a few days - may be a good thing... But I'll bite - the ad depicts Antaresia perthensis, not stimsoni... Very different build and pattern to the "pygmy Stimson's" offered by some breeders.

I always enjoy a good hearty debate, but when it just becomes a slanging match of personal abuse, and the junk-yard dogs follow on opportunistically with their smarmy, smart-**** comments, I'll bow out. It makes hard work for the mods as well...

Jamie

Ok, jut looked a bit like stimsoni to me compared to what I'm assuming is meant to be perthensis but that's just my terrible eyesight

Wow. APS has changed. Even the exotic bomb didn't get the slightest hint of reaction. Who'd have thought it possible?

Let's try hybrids.

Hybrids, they're so cool (or crap, anyone who keeps them is evil).

Also (this may actually work and get a reaction), a cross between two subspecies is correctly called a hybrid.

Ooh ooh, also, according to the actual definition of poison/poisonous, other than a small number of recently changed dictionaries, it is 100% correct to call all venomous snakes poisonous. Surely that'll get a bite from someone.

Interestingly though, the 'there are no poisonous snakes' myth started by snake people may actually have become strong enough to change the dictionary definition so that the myth becomes truth.

Wow. APS has changed. Even the exotic bomb didn't get the slightest hint of reaction. Who'd have thought it possible?

Let's try hybrids.

Hybrids, they're so cool (or crap, anyone who keeps them is evil).

Also (this may actually work and get a reaction), a cross between two subspecies is correctly called a hybrid.

Ooh ooh, also, according to the actual definition of poison/poisonous, other than a small number of recently changed dictionaries, it is 100% correct to call all venomous snakes poisonous. Surely that'll get a bite from someone.

Interestingly though, the 'there are no poisonous snakes' myth started by snake people may actually have become strong enough to change the dictionary definition so that the myth becomes truth.

Cool story bro, needs more dragons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back