Where to herp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kattrina08

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im currently exploring North QLD on a road trip, any good suggestions on good places to go herping at this time of year? Currently near Bowen driving north towards Cairns! Hoping to make it up to Iron Ranges if we get time but anywhere closer would be more ideal. Any advice is appreciated, I haven’t done much herping in Australia… only in the Peruvian Amazon and the US where it seems there were goods to find anywhere and everywhere. Help ! 😬😆

When I was in Cairns I found a bunch of Boyds at Mosman Gorge (loads of fireflies and frogs at night too!) even if you don't find anything the rainforest is stunning, and there's a great series of pools at the end of the main track that most people can't be bothered to walk all the way to but its absolutely stunning (cross the suspension bridge and take the rainforest circuit track).
I never got the chance but if you're in the area I'd say it's worth the trip to the Atherton tablelands to have a look for some jungle pythons too!

Latest posts

Back