Which do I choose

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damien.kearney

Reaction score
So we are adding to our collection for Xmas. Which is better choice Gippsland water dragon or a eastern water dragon?
Want the choice to be family friendly and able to be handled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we are adding to our collection for Xmas. Which is better choice Gippsland water dragon or a eastern water dragon?
Want the choice to be family friendly and able to be handled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not kept Water Dragons for years but none of them were good to handle, they have a natural flight instinct and sharp claws. Bearded Dragons are good to handle.

The easterns we had previously were skittish and shy. Our current one is an eating machine, so much so I have to watch my fingers.
I have heard Gippy's are ptetty much the same. Not known as good handlers.
If it's a good handler you want, a beardie, bluey, or ackie is the go.

I would definitely recommend beardies. You scoop em up with your hand and put them on your shoulder or keep em on your hand and they will just stay there <3

Blues imo move a lot more while handling
[doublepost=1513423508,1513423396][/doublepost]
The easterns we had previously were skittish and shy. Our current one is an eating machine, so much so I have to watch my fingers.
I have heard Gippy's are ptetty much the same. Not known as good handlers.
If it's a good handler you want, a beardie, bluey, or ackie is the go.
I was offered a job (most likely a joke) about a year ago if I could catch a wild eastern water dragon... I still haven’t been able to :( they are so fast and agile,

both are fast, just perenties can seriously harm someone...lol. also, blueys are usually less agile while handling, mine just sits when i'm holding her, or decides to explore.

If u put the time into them they can be good to handle. I've had water dragons handle as well as my frillys. If u don't keep it up however, they can turn feral pretty quickly. The giveaway is in the eyes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We have both. Don’t really handle them as they are all still quite small and would be a bugger to hunt down and catch if they jumped free. It all comes down to which you prefer. Bob, one of our easterns has lovely war paint but I think our little gippy is gorgeous too.

We have both. Don’t really handle them as they are all still quite small and would be a bugger to hunt down and catch if they jumped free. It all comes down to which you prefer. Bob, one of our easterns has lovely war paint but I think our little gippy is gorgeous too.
Thats the thing too if they do decide to jump and go for a run, GOOD LUCK
I had a sub adult go for a run in my messy garage a few years ago. I reckon about an hour of it darting all over the joint.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back