Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A good friend has allowed me to take a couple of pics of some of his white lips and post them.
These animals are 100% legal.
Absolutely stunning animals to say the least. They will be available to everyone in the hobby in a few years time.

Attachments

• DSCF0060.jpg
    DSCF0060.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 319
A good friend has allowed me to take a couple of pics of some of his white lips and post them.
These animals are 100% legal.
Absolutely stunning animals to say the least. They will be available to everyone in the hobby in a few years time.
That's good news mate. Thanks for sharing that with us.
What's their temperament like? i.e how do they handle?

You guys should be excited Black or Southern WLPs are one of the coolest python species. They are one of my favorites for sure. Congrats on a very cool project.

Ryan Young

DSC05705_zpscf57fb2b.jpg

That's a good photo of a fine looking specimen Ryan. The iridescence is beautiful.
What are they like to keep in captivity?

They are not to bad. As with most species some are calm some are not.

Certainly something I've admired for sometime. Pretty cool animals. I'd like one like that Ryan.

Excellent to hear. Was only just told on the weekend by a friend that these where being legally held, good to hear they will eventually become available. They look like quite nice species, might have to look into them in the future.
Cheers Cameron

Where are they from? I've seen them before but don't know much about them.

Nice can't wait till they are available to the Hobby, Ryan that light one is spectacular.

Be interested in the story behind them.

Interesting indeed... I wonder if we'll ever find out. Been lots of rumours and convoluted stories about them, but no-one I know has ever set sight on animals of this species in collections in Oz for 20 years. Strange how these things turn up out of the blue...

Jamie

Interesting indeed... I wonder if we'll ever find out. Been lots of rumours and convoluted stories about them, but no-one I know has ever set sight on animals of this species in collections in Oz for 20 years. Strange how these things turn up out of the blue...

Jamie
I saw them a couple of weeks ago Jamie. I expected them to be a bit more flighty but they appeared to be relatively quiet. I'll tell you the story next time I see you but they are legally on paper.

WOW! Great news for the hobby. How many snakes has your friend got Trueblue? Please let us know the story of how we finally got these guys into captivity. Did it have anything to do with the same herper who had a pair although suspected both males?
Awesome news and congrats to your mate. (might look at a pair when they are ready).

Now just need someone to come forward with a pair of prasinus....

And if someone could come forth with some Boelen's, that'd be neat too.

I hope that never happens. Stunning python but judging by the captive efforts overseas I would seriously doubt the legality over it. The chances of someone having got them before amnesty and kept them alive until now are slim at best.

I would hate to see such an endangered python taken from the wild and smuggled over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back