Whites tree frog MOULTING!!!! (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilegal1

Reaction score
I came home from shopping and went to put in my frogs new thermometer and hygrometer and one of them was in the final stage of molting!! (they pull of the whole skin with theyr mouth and swallow it)
IMG]http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q566/reptilegal1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1043.jpg[/IMG]
IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

i totally freaked out when i saw my frog do that, first he rubbed his face in his freshly changed waterbowl, then he started MELTING!!!!

great pics, if only id seen that before mine gave me a heart attack!!

Looks like your average green tree frog to me. Do you have a pic of it when it's not moulting (to show the white lip)?

Looks like your average green tree frog to me. Do you have a pic of it when it's not moulting (to show the white lip)?

It doesn't have a white lip, It's not a 'white lip tree frog' the light from the camera kinda makes it look like it but it IS a WHITES TREE FROG
Here are 2 of mine, one sleeping one awake
IMG_1303.jpg

Cute froggies! White's Tree Frog is just another name for the Green Tree Frog named after John White who first described the species. Same species (Litoria Caerulea).

Cute froggies! White's Tree Frog is just another name for the Green Tree Frog named after John White who first described the species. Same species (Litoria Caerulea).

There are many types of green tree frogs, but yes, this one is named after John whites. :) it's better me calling it whites tree frog cos ppl know what exact frog that is, instead of saying "my green tree frog" cos there are lots of different species of those!! ;)

In Australia the common name is green tree frog for Litoria caerulea. The name white's or dumpy tree frog are both American names for L. caerulea. Last time I checked Australia is yet to be part of the USA so the name Green Tree Frog is correct.

Cheers
scott

I didn't even know they shed. When I read the title I was like, hmm never seen a frog's old skin laying around. I've learned something new, thanks! :lol:

In Australia the common name is green tree frog for Litoria caerulea. The name white's or dumpy tree frog are both American names for L. caerulea. Last time I checked Australia is yet to be part of the USA so the name Green Tree Frog is correct.

Cheers
scott

Ok, well the frog forum I am on has alot of Americans on there keeping those frogs, so it is better for me to say whites frog as they know which one that is, so I will just keep calling them whites tree frog. ;)

Ah, I just mis-read the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back