Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding interstate buyers at the Expo, the issue would most likely not be with DSE here in Vic, it would be the other state's relevant import/export permits or movement advice paperwork that would be the main stumbling block.
I've highlighted this question to the VHS committee and they are looking into it. A brief comment from Brian which makes the most sense to me-

Probably the best way is to puchase & pay for the animals at the Expo, both parties apply for the relevent import / export permits and then airfreight it to the buyer.

As a seller myself at the expo, I know I'd be more than happy to do this.
Andrew

Best solution there... just like any expo whether Vic, NSW or Qld. Purchase the animal then apply for the relevant movement forms. No different than any other time people buy from interstate breeders. The good thing about the Vic system is the turn around times. I have applied for import/export permits in the morning, called in the afternoon and they had the paperwork processed. I could provide the import/export number to the buyer interstate on the same day of the application (most of the times) and two days later the hard copy is in my letter box.

Another thing people could try and I'm sure a thread of "what are people selling at the expo" will pop up closer to the date is:

Organise something a couple of weeks beforehand with the breeder of the animals you like/wish to purchase to meet them at the expo.

Organise the movement forms with your relevant state dept. so the movement forms are done prior to the expo.

Go to the expo meet the breeder and pay for them, then take them home on the day knowing all the legal paperwork has been done.

Enjoy the rest of the day admiring the rest of the animals you wish you could have bought ;).

What are you brining to the Expo next year Owzi? I'm still after a few additions myself....

Last edited:
Regarding interstate buyers at the Expo, the issue would most likely not be with DSE here in Vic, it would be the other state's relevant import/export permits or movement advice paperwork that would be the main stumbling block.
I've highlighted this question to the VHS committee and they are looking into it. A brief comment from Brian which makes the most sense to me-

Probably the best way is to puchase & pay for the animals at the Expo, both parties apply for the relevent import / export permits and then airfreight it to the buyer.

As a seller myself at the expo, I know I'd be more than happy to do this.
Andrew

Without sounding like a smart-fart (I'm certainly not one of those!), I've "been there, done that" and got stung - quite badly... The animal that was flown to me four days later was NOT the animal I saw, fell in love with and bought at the Expo... Which is why it's a good idea (my opinion only) to see what you like, buy what you like and take it home on the day... Then everyone's happy - buyers, sellers and Victoria! :)

Just liked the VHS Facebook page and had a bit of a look around, looks great, was disapointed couldn't make it last year, but will definitely be going this year, I think its meant to be, seeing as its on my birthday and all!!! :) I'll be looking for some more gecko additions to my family and would love to see some gecko/snake racks for sale, have been wanting one for awhile. I just hope they have some there for sale and they are flat packs lol, for ease of getting them the 4 hour drive home!! Was there anybody at the 2011 one there with racks? Getting really excited now!!

What are you brining to the Expo next year Owzi? I'm still after a few additions myself....

Well I never like to count my eggs before they hatch ;) but I should have Children's, Qld BHPs & Rough-Scaled Python hatchies. I share a table with Kevin Welsh, he should have a few Carpets (Prossies, Cape Yorks & Darwins).

Without sounding like a smart-fart (I'm certainly not one of those!), I've "been there, done that" and got stung - quite badly... The animal that was flown to me four days later was NOT the animal I saw, fell in love with and bought at the Expo... Which is why it's a good idea (my opinion only) to see what you like, buy what you like and take it home on the day... Then everyone's happy - buyers, sellers and Victoria! :)

I would think your bad experience wouldn't be the norm. Most breeders I feel are very carefull with this type of thing & your 'good name' can be too easily lost. At least at the expo you can chat to the breeder face to face & get a good feel for them.

Was there anybody at the 2011 one there with racks?

Yeah mate, Reptile Racks Australia sponsored the event last year & Slitherin has been at previous expos (missed 2011).

hey everyone, does anyone know if there is a train station near the location? i plan on catching a train from newcastle

ill definitely be there me and my mate have planed it for months, and randdy318 if u are meaning Newcastle in Sydney then u will probably have to get a train to finders st station or southern cross station first but im not 100% so just look it up on the net and u will be able to find the details

alright will do mate:) cheers.
i deffinatley wanna go, hopefully find myself a nice olive python or bhp.

11537_205198360538_205129320538_4466016_3911094_s.jpg

nudge

I'm going this year, my first, doubt will buy anything as I won't have any enclosures ready to take inhabitants but will be chasing contacts etc and just general drooling lol

landlord said no reptiles but have been trialing him on questions and gex's will be the one thing I'm safe to get so will be on the gecko hunt there....after I drool over the snakes haha

Hey guys.
I have totally lost track of this thread. My internet at home hasn't been connected for 9 weeks.
I'm going insane.
But still looking forward to the Expo like mad!
Things have changed and it looks like I'll be only getting one or two animals if I'm lucky.
But I'm staying positive and will still have an amazing day!
I will read over everything here but not right now, cheers for being excited everyone.

Just wondering if anybody is going to have hatchie RSP for sale at the expo?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back