Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen!!!!!! Bluetongue1 very well said. !!! And so very true

hahaha Suss 250 does not give ya bakne boiz maybe slight rage ; )

haha your all water weight mate lol ;) how many cycles have ya done..

Hmmmm have to agree with Tekno on that one... It is very similar. I compete in a tested league but there are members on my team (powerlifting) that compete in the untested league if you know what I mean and... well the bad wrap steroids get is very overrated.

what's the difference between suss 250, Deca and D-anabol..

Last edited:
The illegal pet trade is allot bigger then people think as long as there's demand and money to be made you can bet your bottom dollar that someones going to be supplying it.

Great conclusion, sadly you're right and will inevitably always be.

I did not mention it earlier but another reality is that the more people there are that flaunt a law, the less enforceable it tends to become which, in turn, can encourage more to flaunt it. It does not help that enforcement is in the hands of an inept set of departments responsible for conservation and management of our wildlife.
Blue

So very many undeniable & invigorating comments in this thread.

Now i don't really want to get onto a whole discussion of Marijuana though i definitely believe Blues comment apply for that also very much so (not that i'm against Marijuana) but perhaps i'm merely flaunting the law because it's more people are doing it & it's less enforceable.

Last edited:
water weight pfttt, clenbuterol fixes dat ; ), Dianabol and deca and suss all very similar tbh, tren and test are ya stand outs

I often hear so many arguments in favor of legalising and in many respects I agree with them, but there is only one issue that comes to mind with exotics and it's the invasive potential once the animals are established in the wild. Nothing you can do can manage this risk, except require everyone keeping exotics to have routine inspections to ensure their habitats are sealed and escape proof and even then you'll have failures. We do this with other animals, so reptiles should be no exception.

Being illegal, people with corn snakes and the like will be scared and will release them into the wild. How is that helping the environment? Sure, they shouldn't be here in the first place, but they are here, so we need to deal with them in an intelligent manner.

With marijuana, I couldn't care less about the legalities, it's a bloody weed and it's psychoactive properties are no where near as brutal as alcohol, so as far as I'm concerned it should be legal to use in any way, even grow it. I don't see what the problem is, it's another drug of course but nothing close to say heroin or cocaine which I consider to be a serious problem and shouldn't be used at all because they are so incredibly addictive. You can't abuse cannabis and it is not addictive.

Tolerance comes from people looking at the facts and realising that what they've been taught and brainwashed with isn't necessarily right. Things like gay marriage and abortion come to mind as these ones tend to stand out but there are other issues too, like interracial marriages (that some people look down on without rational reason).

You CAN legislate morality, but you have to be smart about it or you'll get no where. Putting people in prison over cannabis when we have gay marriage and abortion being openly accepted smacks of hypocrisy. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. We already have lots of exotics here already, we do need a keeper's system, but only if it can be regulated. None of this pet shop trade because you are going to end up with major headaches before you even realise it.

tren and test are ya stand outs

+1,000,000,000

Trenbolone is by far the best steroid, at least from a serious strength gain perspective...and I used to lift very heavy weights and know people who used trenbolone, including one guy who used to bench press 310kg as his one-rep-max...did I ever use it? Not a bloody chance! I know about horror stories about one man who used it and after he stopped he ended up with a severe case of impotence that he never really recovered from. Pretty sure I don't want to end up with a floppy pecker...steroids are not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
In Sydney, it really isn't that difficult to get some exotics, especially Corns, which can be picked up for as little as $50 for excess stock from breeders, double it if your buying through the pot dealer the breeder buys his weed from. Have not been directly offered Boas or Balls, but have heard from different herp people that they are plentiful, especially Red-tailed Boas, and have heard of people with Rectics and Burms, and that's just the pythons. The most interesting part is that a lot of those breeding exotics, are also legal breeders.

It's just a case of these breeders being so involved in herping, that the next step is desiring something more unique. Unfortunately the down side is the people that buy excess stock, who have no real understanding of what is involved in owning, and caring for there reptile, are the ones most likely to brag, or even worse allow it to escape or deliberately release it.

Personally my preference is for natives, as the only exotic python that takes my fancy are Balls, but not enough to warrant one over a woma, and prefer having one of th anest. Species rather than having a corn and telling people it's a Children's.

Just my thoughts.

I often hear so many arguments in favor of legalising and in many respects I agree with them, but there is only one issue that comes to mind with exotics and it's the invasive potential once the animals are established in the wild. Nothing you can do can manage this risk, except require everyone keeping exotics to have routine inspections to ensure their habitats are sealed and escape proof and even then you'll have failures. We do this with other animals, so reptiles should be no exception.

Being illegal, people with corn snakes and the like will be scared and will release them into the wild. How is that helping the environment? Sure, they shouldn't be here in the first place, but they are here, so we need to deal with them in an intelligent manner.

With marijuana, I couldn't care less about the legalities, it's a bloody weed and it's psychoactive properties are no where near as brutal as alcohol, so as far as I'm concerned it should be legal to use in any way, even grow it. I don't see what the problem is, it's another drug of course but nothing close to say heroin or cocaine which I consider to be a serious problem and shouldn't be used at all because they are so incredibly addictive. You can't abuse cannabis and it is not addictive.

Tolerance comes from people looking at the facts and realising that what they've been taught and brainwashed with isn't necessarily right. Things like gay marriage and abortion come to mind as these ones tend to stand out but there are other issues too, like interracial marriages (that some people look down on without rational reason).

You CAN legislate morality, but you have to be smart about it or you'll get no where. Putting people in prison over cannabis when we have gay marriage and abortion being openly accepted smacks of hypocrisy. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. We already have lots of exotics here already, we do need a keeper's system, but only if it can be regulated. None of this pet shop trade because you are going to end up with major headaches before you even realise it.

+1,000,000,000

Trenbolone is by far the best steroid, at least from a serious strength gain perspective...and I used to lift very heavy weights and know people who used trenbolone, including one guy who used to bench press 310kg as his one-rep-max...did I ever use it? Not a bloody chance! I know about horror stories about one man who used it and after he stopped he ended up with a severe case of impotence that he never really recovered from. Pretty sure I don't want to end up with a floppy pecker...steroids are not my cup of tea.

310 raw or equipped? What's his name?

I've been offered exotics so many times, about 10 days ago i was at a blokes house who owned a breeding pair of Iguanas.

from what i have herd if you get caught with exotics your in a lot more trouble if you own a wild life license because then you cant play the fool in court because your supposed to know about wildlife and the laws involved in keeping them

I notice that there is a presumption by some that legalising exotics will result in all those keeping them getting a licence. I don't think so. you only have to look at the number of people who keep native reptiles which could be kept on a licence but do so illegally without a licence.

To put it simply, legalisation of exotics will not get rid of all illegal keeping of exotics. What it would do is see a dramatic rise in the number exotics held.

As for regulating the keeping of exotics and making strict escapeproof requirements. You can make cages and reptile rooms as escape-proof as you like. They still require access by keepers. They are therefore vulnerable to human error which can result in escapes. And it can happen to even highly experienced keepers. A phone call at the wrong moment. A cage not actually locked before the key is withdrawn. A door later propped open to allow a rubbish bin to be taken out and emptied in the garbage. And a snake has made it way outside in that time.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Because people have been owning up to keeping exotics for many many years now and no one ever gets in trouble about it, if no one is seeking out the keepers of exotics then your basically allowed to keep them.

i take pride in being an ultra *** when people tell me about there friends exotics, and i do find that most people are don't even know that they are illegal to have in the coutry.. sad really

here is a video of an alien Burmese boa sparring an alligator in the states

Python vs Alligator 01 -- Real Fight -- Python attacks Alligator - YouTube

cool to watch, but our natives have enough competition already

awesome vid, not the result i expected either!!!

When people see my bredlis they get bored and say "such and such has a pink and purple snake" i get so angry when.people insult my stunning bredlis by saying they have seen better.corn snakes !!

i hate.corns they are horrible snakes. i know two people i hate who have underfed mistreated corns.. who do i dob on them too??

Your local wildlife authority I presume cwebb, I'd just call DEH (or whoever you guys have, stupid how they're all different isn't it? They could have the same name at least and just have Vic or SA or whatever after it so you know it runs under that state's laws, but anyway...) and see where I went from there.

Just going to say it, i'd own a chameleon in a heartbeat if i could!
Don't care what you think i'd give it a good home feed it properly and keep it in a locked enclosure at ALL times.......
What do people think of a person capturing an exotic from the wild here in aus????
It would be very hard for me to give it away to be "euthanised"
Would probably give it to someone who knew how to look after it (not sell it for $$$ though)
There are plenty of red eared sliders in rosemeadow and eagle vale duck ponds........
If i was to find one in say the nepean or georges river though it wouldn't be released in saying that i don't think i could kill it either

Why do people own up to drink driving or using drugs etc etc. Cause they just do.

As we have been selling some our of tanks lately, we have had a few coming over to check them out. Out of three people who ended up buying, two had exotics - one had corns and the other openly admitted he had boas! wasn't too surprised with the corn snake, but boaS, not just one, but a few, so my guess is that he breeds them. why would you tell a stranger that? one who has all your details? so what are the ratios - are there more exotic owners than there are legal owners?

Some people are just too stupid I think.
I was browsing through a facebook buy swap place in my local area when I stumbled apon a massive 7 foot tall enclosure. Being a first time snake owner I got ahead of myself and though, if I bought it, that I would have an awesome enclosure for my year old coastal carpet, lol.

Went there, thing was amesome and only $200 so I bought it. When I got it home and started to get all the old logs, branches and sawdust out of it, there was movement.
Apparently I had purchased it with a 5 foot cornsnake hiding under the sawdust. Had to get the ranger etc to sort it, but it was a suprise I wont forget too soon, lol

Does anyone know the penalty for owning exotics in AU?

It would be funny if someone actually stated "Red tail boa" on their license and send it to DERM, I wonder how long it would actually take them to send someone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back