Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the laws suck. And they aren't that readily available, we have been trying to find a chameleon, after some research I found they are now illegal but had been legal for some time so the breeding population is still out there.. Somewhere..... It's easier to get your hands on alligators and stuff than a basic chameleon...

I think the laws suck. And they aren't that readily available, we have been trying to find a chameleon, after some research I found they are now illegal but had been legal for some time so the breeding population is still out there.. Somewhere..... It's easier to get your hands on alligators and stuff than a basic chameleon...

There's plenty of chameleons around, you just need to know who to talk to. Many people don't have much trust. Like many people on this site, some people will dob anyone in to make themselves feel righteous or whatever.

So everyone says... But not easy to actually get hold of one. We handled one at the zoo and they were pretty cool. Wanted one since then. Personally don't see the issue if they are kept in captivity. And honestly half the exotics would never survive in the wild here with our climate... Melbourne especially

No warning and my first visit I only had a few pythons.
yeah but ive only got geckos and beardies does that make a difference and a stage 1 license and also do u think the reason why there are so may exotics in sydney is because the wildlife people dont really give a poo like im not complaining because if someone offered me a leopard gecko i would say yes to it straight away haha

the funny thing is im 13 ive been asked if i want corns ,leopards, ball pythons, burmeses and chameleons all of which i wish i said yes to and with all those people ive said u do realise there illegal for about 5mins there like stunned mullet than a sec after i will be like i wont dob the only reason why is because you should of seen the conditions of the tanks and racks for the leopard gecos the racks would get cleaned evry day with the chameleons had a ginormous tank with a imaculate dispaly of a rainforest wit bromiliards and get sparayed every day for the burmese and ball pythons tanks that cost thousands and also poison dart frogs last time i got offered them they were 1000 for a pair just for 2 frogs ARE U MENTAL just couldnt do it for frogs no matter wat

Riiiiiightooo

P%t B&%n sell books on the keeping of Leopard Gekos , and other assorted "illegals " :evil:

P%t B&%n sell books on the keeping of Leopard Gekos , and other assorted "illegals " :evil:

They get them from the supplier as a "pack" and that includes the leopard gecko book and the tortoise book.
They don't individually just order those books.

They get them from the supplier as a "pack" and that includes the leopard gecko book and the tortoise book.
They don't individually just order those books.

Fair enough to an extent but DO they sell ?? :)

Fair enough to an extent but DO they sell ?? :)

I bought them (at a discount) purely because I enjoy learning about these kinds of things.
And they do sell, but it's also a dead department so to speak, I usually make an order from the supplier for all books once every 3-4 months if they're lucky.

As for people owning exotics, I have a rep for one of our suppliers that has told me he collects exotics from people's homes and delivers them to the reptile park. How true this is I am not sure. He also mentioned that his company are trialling/ and going to be supplying a new brand of reptile product manufactured in Germany......

i'd still rather exotic reptiles being legal than cats and such, wouldn't be no where near as many native deaths than with cats. also, don't think i could resist if someone asked me for a red tailed boa, always have thought boas were beautiful, but wouldn't spend one 20$ on a cornsnake, they're very lazy, and being caught with one would suck(tho same with any exotic, so while i don't support smuggling, but go big or go home. (yes this is an old thread, lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back