Why do the mods delete Threads?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isis

Reaction score
What is going on with the mods? Why are threads just disapearing of the face of the planet? There was a thread about the bad behaviour of some people in the Chat Room. All of a sudden its gone? No explaination no nothing it just disapeared. I have notice other posts have done the same. The commonality they seem to have is that they question the mods and why they have or havent done something. Arent we allowed to question the mods, arent they accountable for the site and have a responsibility to listen to the members.
These issues seriously effect the members enjoyment of this site and it makes me feel like the mods put things in the too hard basket and instead of being upfront and dealing with it they delete the thread and go on like it never happened.

Let me reply on behalf of the Mods and Administrators.

We have one Golden Rule that we are VERY strict on - it's Rule #15 and it says there will be no criticism of the Moderators, or the way this site is run, in the open forums. If you have a problem with a moderator or a decision, then PM the Mod in question, another Mod, or Admin. Bring it up in an open forum - or discuss it in chat - and you'll get infracted and the discussion deleted. Too give you an idea of how serious we are about this Rule, some people have received infractions for comments like "C'mon Mods, wake up to yourselves".

Some of the missing threads you were asking about have been moved to the Moderators Forum for the Mods to all view and issue infractions accordingly. Some posts may also be deleted or edited. And all this takes time. When the thread is cleaned up it will be placed back in the open forums. If there is just too much work to be done, then we will issue the infractions and delete the thread. The "Fellow Herpers Unite" thread was removed because the whole point of the thread was going to a linked site to vote for someone in a contest. Other material on that page was "questionable", and the poster had not read everything on the page. Deleting the link would remove the whole premise for the thread, so the thread was just deleted per se.

I am locking this thread to prevent further discussion, as past experience shows that other will post questioning the Mods, they'll get infractions, others will be incensed and post and in turn get their own infractions, and it continues to spiral.

If you have a problem with the moderators - PM us!

:p

Hix

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back