why do threads get locked?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markars

Reaction score
I just noticed the melgalea thread got closed and have seen other ones get closed- why? the names to faces one and a couple of other ones?
does some one just say right, thats off the menu or what? what does a thread do to get locked?
:DBy the way mods- this is a question not critisism or any thing.:D

It's usually when things get out of control, or boring, or pointless

what i want to know is why all the old threads get locked?
It seems stupid to me because 99% of the time the same question will just keep getting asked and only get answered well about 1 in 10 times.

People can still go and read the old threads, just not comment. I wish MORE people would do a search for old threads cause the number of times the same topic pops up four times in a matter of months, it drives you bananas!

HELP!! My snake won't eat!!!
i think thats pretty slack! i think when u first started out with snake u would have had the same promblem or fear,and asked questions about it,and they might have did another post about it to make sure

People can still go and read the old threads, just not comment. I wish MORE people would do a search for old threads cause the number of times the same topic pops up four times in a matter of months, it drives you bananas!

What drives me bananas is all the irrelevant **** members post in majority of the threads on this site (me included on the odd occasion). It's no wonder nobody can ever find anything herp related when they need to.

i think thats pretty slack! i think when u first started out with snake u would have had the same promblem or fear,and asked questions about it,and they might have did another post about it to make sure

I agree. Also a lot of noobs don't know how to search for he right answers and most of the time they are in a bit of a panic situation - I have been there myself.

I just noticed the melgalea thread got closed and have seen other ones get closed- why? the names to faces one and a couple of other ones?
does some one just say right, thats off the menu or what? what does a thread do to get locked?
:DBy the way mods- this is a question not critisism or any thing.:D

Have you read half the dribble that gets posted on some of these threads ?? :shock::shock: :lol::lol:

It is hardly surprising they get locked really .

Threads are locked so that moderators look as if they are doing something to justify their outrageous pay packets.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back