why is it you ask for help or advise and you get shot down and made out to be stupid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dymback

Reaction score
:|why is it you ask for help or advise and you get shot down and made out to be stupid, and that you know squat about reptiles and that everything to do with them,
you ask for a bit of help and people juat take that as an advantage to have a go at you.
know for new commas that have have a problems happen then as for help and advice get shot down spoken to like there idiots is going to turn them of reptiles for good.
know you would think that when you have had a loss or something go wrong that you can post about it here and get some support and understanding but all you get of some members is gut full of abus and critusim is this the way people of the herping Society want to be known as

that is all i have to say

Dude, Spell Checker Would Be A Good Investment.

:|why is it you ask for help or advise and you get shot down and made out to be stupid, and that you know squat about reptiles and that everything to do with them,
you ask for a bit of help and people juat take that as an advantage to have a go at you.
know for new commas that have have a problems happen then as for help and advice get shot down spoken to like there idiots is going to turn them of reptiles for good.
know you would think that when you have had a loss or something go wrong that you can post about it here and get some support and understanding but all you get of some members is gut full of abus and critusim is this the way people of the herping Society want to be known as

It snot that people are shooting you down and makingyou feel stupid, its that an unfortunate but PREVENTABLE occurrence happened and you are not willing to take responsibility for it.

Every single post that you are whinging about made very important points. But you just cant accept responsibility for the husbandry error you made.

i accept what happend and that it all comes down to me but there is no need for people to have a go about everything
also its not just me that gets abused seem to be most new commas that post for help latly get shot down and again you just proved my point

dont stress its just this site!!! and thats why so many people have left it and will keep leaving it.

You need a thick skin to read comments about yourself. People tend to get their backs up and react, rather than thinking first. Often words sound harsher than they really are meant to be.

And yes, people could couch their words in a nicer way, but really, it is simply icing and ultimately, if something is said in a nicer way, it still means the same thing.

Take the criticism, swallow the bitter pill, use what is useful and throw the rest out without taking it to heart. In the end, the rough lesson will teach you far more than syrupy words.

:)

I think it's a bit harsh what you copped because of what happened to your snake. Like you said it was the worst day of your life and then on top of that you got abused. I really feel for you on two counts, losing your snake(s) and getting abused. How are the rest of them by the way, you have got a lot for a 15 year old.

and out of all the hard work slaty put in to this site its being wreacked by people who find they get kicks out of sounding better then the newer members and to the younger members

I think it's a bit harsh what you copped because of what happened to your snake. Like you said it was the worst day of your life and then on top of that you got abused. I really feel for you on two counts, losing your snake(s) and getting abused. How are the rest of them by the way, you have got a lot for a 15 year old.

yeah the rest are ok i even took my other BHPS to the vet yesterday just to be safe know how many 15 year olds do you know that would organised there own vet oppointment find away to get there and pay for the fees not many but i did
also i will be 16 in 2 weeks so yeah lol

yeah the rest are ok i even took my other BHPS to the vet yesterday just to be safe know how many 15 year olds do you know that would organised there own vet oppointment find away to get there and pay for the fees not many but i did
also i will be 16 in 2 weeks so yeah lol

mate, go take some literacy lessons. You will fin that if you pose your question succinctly, you will get concise and to the point answers.

This is not a site to give everyone pats onthe back but a resource of knowledge. Most 15 year olds who keep a pet will arrange their own veterinarian appointments.

Be the bigger person and take the constructive criticism without having a tantrum, and you will find that you can take positives from your mistakes of the past. If you cannot do this, and take the GOOD ADVICE given in the last thread, you will succumb to the problems that led to the death of your snake.

That being said, there were no overtly aggressive and malicious posts in the last thread, nor are there any here, it seems to be your immaturity and inability to take the advice of people more experienced than you, and you are riling up.

Chill, take a deep breath and accept that there are no overtly personal attacks on here, because noone knows you.

mate, go take some literacy lessons. You will fin that if you pose your question succinctly, you will get concise and to the point answers. This is not a site to give everyone pats onthe back but a resource

Not having a go, just pointing out the irony.

Be the bigger person and take the constructive criticism without having a tantrum, and you will find that you can take positives from your mistakes of the past. If you cannot do this, and take the GOOD ADVICE given in the last thread, you will succumb to the problems that led to the death of your snake.

That being said, there were no overtly aggressive and malicious posts in the last thread, nor are there any here, it seems to be your immaturity and inability to take the advice of people more experienced than you, and you are riling up.

I've looked at the other thread and I have to agree. Although, some people seemed to be losing patience because their advice was being ignored and instead, they were being accused of being aggressive and abusive.

I'm locking this thread before it goes any further downhill.

:p

Hix

Wrasse has PMed me with a little story she was going to post here, but I locked the thread while she was typing it.

As it illustrates what I think is a valid point, I'm going to include it here so others can think about it.

Let me tell a little tale: Gather round children and read...

A friend recently lost a lizard. The sad news of the death was posted here and was also posted on another site.

The other site, a touchy feely one, came up with responses of... 'poor you', 'pats on back', 'you will feel better soon'... etc. This made the poster feel much better inside.

This site, however, questioned the death. Questioned the reason behind it. 'Why did it happen?' 'What did YOU do wrong?'. This upset the poster very much, they were greiving for the lizard and didn't want to feel guilt about possibly causing the death.
But what these questions, accusations even and subsequent answers did do, is determine that the light source for the lizard was the wrong one. The UV was inadequate. The lizard died from metabolic bone disease.
The poster, although feeling victimised and attacked and at the time, hating APS with a passion for it, also knows now how to keep these lizards correctly in the future. Lizards will no longer die due to lack of UV in this persons care.

OK, sure, as I said in a post above, syrupy words could be used, but that is not the way of many knowledgeable people, they don't have a lot of time for being careful with words as they are busy looking and caring after their own animals. The very animals they are sharing their knowledge about. The very animals that cause them to hurt and react badly when they see mistakes being made about them.

People want knowledge imparted, people want to learn. The best way to do it is to put on your flame suit and ask your questions. Don't expect sympathy when mistakes are made, but do expect to find out where you went wrong and in future, be able to rectify those mistakes.

If you want syrupy sympathy, ask elsewhere, if you want knowledge, ask here.

"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"
www.arafurae.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back