Will a BHP make use of height??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryM

Reaction score
Hello, longtime lurker here.

I am in the process of building my dream enclosure with the dimensions of 1.5m(L)x1.2(W)x2.7m(H).

I have wanted to use it for a Black Headed Python but am starting to think it may not make use of the height.

If I was to make ledges and hides at various heights in the background and have overhead heat could I tempt him off the ground or should I just go for a more arboreal species?

Any advice is appreciated and I look forward to posting the pics when it is done!

I am in the process of building my dream enclosure with the dimensions of 1.5m(L)x1.2(W)x2.7m(H).

I have wanted to use it for a Black Headed Python but am starting to think it may not make use of the height.

If I was to make ledges and hides at various heights in the background and have overhead heat could I tempt him off the ground or should I just go for a more arboreal species?

Any advice is appreciated and I look forward to posting the pics when it is done!
The height you have suggested would be better suited to the length of the enclosure

As Friller2009 mentioned, the height dimensions would work better for length. You BHP may climb every now and then despite it being a terrestrial species, however ideally, they only need 60cm of height and ground heat is the best way to heat a BHP (in my opinion). Any sub-species of carpet python is more likely to utilize the height of that enclosure than a black headed python would.

Thanks guys. I am constrained to the size of a strange void in my house which I am turning into the enclosure. I will likely end up going with a Bredli which will hopefully enjoy the height

Latest posts

Back