Will this gap let alot of humidity out?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz-fiz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi, as the tittle says will this gap between the glass and the wood let alot of humidity out, or won't it really affect the humidity to much.

hunidity holder 005.jpg
hunidity holder 007.jpg

I'll try and get some clearer ones later.

Cheers,
Will

Attachments

• hunidity holder 005.jpg
    hunidity holder 005.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 156
  • hunidity holder 007.jpg
    hunidity holder 007.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 147
Don't know for sure how large the gap is but it shouldn't let to much humidity out. It will let snakes out though going of my estimates as to how wide the gap is.

PS - I checked out your website and it looks good but you need to work on your grammer. Simple things like a capital letter at the beginning of each sentence can make something appear 1000 times more professional and therefore people will take it seriously.

So it won't really affect the humidity levels?

it's about 1-1.5cm wide, and a bit over a foot high, and it would deffinetly let snakes out, but i'm gonna turn it into a hermit crab enclosure.

cheers,
will

P.S. thanks for the tip about my site

Last edited:
Best not to have hermits in there. The wood will go moldy with the high humidity and what type of wood is this?

Best setup for a hermit crab is a fishtank.

Is it coated with anthing? I know hermit crabs love to taste everything and it might be poisonous.

If it's not sealed properly (I'm guessing it's not by the hole that's there), then it will absorb the water and go moldy. As has been said, get yourself a fish tank. If you keep taking short cuts, you'll just be making more problems for yourself- at the detriment of your animals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back