Wiring price

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keef

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Party Peoples,

Just wondering if anyone knows an approx of what it would cost to call a sparky and have them wire an enclosure for you? 1 lght for heat, 1 for night light and 1 UV tube.

cheers :)

I charge out at $50 plus GST normally, materials are usually cost plus 10%.
I'm not near you but that will give you an indication of what it should cost.
If it is a basic setup it should only take 1 - 2 hours tops.

Are you serious?? It takes that long?? For 2 sockets connected to a thermostat, and 1 fluro with a power lead?? Damn!! I have never had one done up for me before - but I am saving up to build about 15 - our poor sparky will be stuck here forever!!

The more you do the quicker they are. Just doing one set, half the time would be setting up and packing up and sorting how you want it done, once all that is sorted out then the rest happen real quick, 1 enclosure might take 1 - 2 hours but 15 might only take 5-6 hours. Only guestimates of course...would have to see them...
Keep in mind the way an electrician would install it all would be neater, safer and a little more asthetically pleasing....

Another thing to consider is that your electrician might be able to offer ideas that you didnt think of;
for example my enclosures have seperate thermostats for day and night on eachone so that each enclosure (one big bank of 7 enclosures) can have sepaerate temperature settings for day and night, also it has a timer that has 2 functions, one it brings on the fluroescents of a morning and two it brings on an exhaust fan that ventilates each enclosure for whatever length of time i want to set it for, this happens every morning to ensure they have fresh air every morning, (even though they have vents i like to circulate some fresh air into them each morning). Also it has Earth Leakage protection to prevent my self or animals being fried. They have ceramic heaters so that the heat can come on day or night without a light source affecting their sleep. Also i have wired it so that the same fitting is used for day and night to save on replacing 2 lots of fittings over time and to limit the number an size of fittings in the enclosure. There are also isolating switches for each fitting so that you dont have to turn the whole lot of to work on one of them. There is a hardf wired smoke detector on the enclosures also. The day time settings for the fan and fluros runs from a simple digital timer that has several programs so that you are able to adjust daylight settings to suit the seasons.
And all the wiring is hidden and contained in one compartment with a lockable access door, this prevents my 2 year old from deciding " the snakes need to be at 45 degrees today " and playing with the thermostats.
I could ramble all day but some of this might help.....

Each of my tanks are going to be individually wired, so if I need to swich off "tank b" for eg, then I can :)
I was thinking about the 2 thermostat thing - but I think that I might start off with one, and then further down the track (when I've saved a bit more $$) then I might purchase a second lot and get the tanks re-wired.
All of my tanks will (and already do) run off timers - 1 powerboard controlling 4 tanks is plugged into the one timer, so they all go one and off together.
I was actually thinking about having computer fans installed in the tanks so that if I even choose to use OzBrights, I can keep the temps down...
But for now, I reckon I will just stick with the standard 2ft fluro (running off it's own power cable), 2x heat lamps running through the thermostat and then another power cable. OR// the one cable for all of them, but 2 on/off switches - 1 for fluro, 1 for heat.....
I have 1 tank (a lil 2x1.5x1.5) that is more or less ready to go, but I will build a few more before I go and book the sparky :) Save him time - and me $$!! Thanx Switch!
Bex

Ill do it for just $9.95

If you sign a liability waiver! :lol: :lol: :lol:

call 555 Dr nick

yep cheap and nasty and as dodgy as u can get

I tend to agree Mr. Farmdog sir :) and, of course, any liability waiver is not worth the paper it is written on when things are done illegally anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back