Woma Feeding.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain04

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow reptile lovers.
Just a quick question today, so been doing alot or reading through the forums about feeding and which food is best and all that.
I understand that my woma is prone to fatty liver desease and thus people recommend feeding him a quale every now and then and to stay clear of large rats for example as they have a higher body fat content.
So really my question is this, if quail is such a high protein low fat food compared to rats, could i just feed my woma on a diet of quail alone or is it better to keep it varied?
Any help as always most welcome.
Cheers
Cain

Hello Fellow reptile lovers.
Just a quick question today, so been doing alot or reading through the forums about feeding and which food is best and all that.
I understand that my woma is prone to fatty liver desease and thus people recommend feeding him a quale every now and then and to stay clear of large rats for example as they have a higher body fat content.
So really my question is this, if quail is such a high protein low fat food compared to rats, could i just feed my woma on a diet of quail alone or is it better to keep it varied?
Any help as always most welcome.
Cheers
Cain

My woma pythons do just fine on a diet of frozen thawed rats. Retired adult female breeder rats are fine too, they are generally fit. Regarding fat, it's the giant male retired breeder rats that are often obese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back