Woma not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy306

Reaction score
G'day all.

I recently acquired a gorgeous 3 year old male Tanami with his tank. The previous owner sold him to me having not eaten for a couple of weeks for the move. He kept him in his tank with fake turf for substrate, once I got the tank I filled it with about 4 inches of aspen so he could borrow, which he did enthusiastically. I also Completely changed the layout. I was having some trouble regulating his temperature with the thermostat that came with it (some days I would come home and it would be a little too hot) I don't know how the previous owner was regulating it but the thermostat went in the bin. Initially I thought it was probably the heating issue and the big change up in his tank as awsel as the move as to why he didn't take the rats. I've handled him maybe 5 times. Once I couldn't use the ceramic bulb I had to wait till I could afford to get a new thermostat (he still had his heat mat under his hot hide) I justt left him alone in the mean time. I installed the the new one a few days ago which works perfectly so his temperature is good. I tried to feed him a few hours ago and he was being quite skiddish and hiding in his hide (unlike he's been the few times I've handled him) I humbugged him with the rat for a bit then he started striking/head butting me and rearing up acting quite angry, which he's never done. aswell as showing no interest in the rat. It's now been about 6 weeks since he's had a feed. I'm not too worried as Ive kept other pythons and I know he can go a while and I've probably stressed him out a bit. I'm leaving the rat in overnight but any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back