Woma or Carpet Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woma or carpet python

• woma

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • carpet python

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

BlueyDimitri

Reaction score
i’m having trouble deciding what snake i should get for my birthday in july, i already have a northern blue tongue but i want to go in the snake direction now, possibly a carpet python or a woma as i’ve heard great things about both. could someone please help me on making my decision by telling me the basic care, handling and temperaments of the two, and your opinion on what snake i should get? i would do all the necessary research and more before i get one. thanks!

It really depends. If you go for a Woma, they have a great food response but in my experience, can be a bit food focused whereas a carpet isn't usually food focused in my experience and you can handle more and are larger

I have owned both and prefer carpet pythons, that's just my personal opinion though. Womas can be more food responsive as Python863 said, you can have one wrapped around your hand trying to eat you if your not to careful. Some carpet pythons can be cage defensive and will strike at you, but majority of them once out of the enclosure they are fine. They are a more predictable so makes them easier to work with. Some can be big puppy dogs and never bite unless you smell like food.
This is my Carpet Python :)

Attachments

• IMG_7370.jpg
    IMG_7370.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back