Woma Python food options?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjh199

Reaction score
I purchased my first yearling woma, Ollie, almost a month ago. He's doing fantastic and warming up to me wonderfully!
I'm currently feeding him a small FT mouse, once a week.
I was wondering if anyone has tips on alternative options for live feeding, like particular fish (no thiaminase), lizards, or large tadpoles? Are any of these safe options? I don't know if I will ever have the heart to feed him live, and I won't be feeding him live rodents (for his safety), but I do want to make sure I am offering him plenty of enrichment and new stimuli. I do know that he would be fully fine without anything like this, but he's so curious and inquisitive and I would love to give him new little adventures.
I currently have him in a 75 gal bioactive enclosure! Also looking for any cool ideas for enclosure enrichment!

Sorry you haven't received any replies sjh. I can't answer your question - I don't know enough about these. The only thought I have (and could be wrong) is that introducing new food could make Ollie fussy - once his tasted something he may not want to go back to FT mice (and then rats). Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm if this is true or not.

As for other feeding options - have you considered quail?

Whatever you choose - just make sure that it comes from a reputable source. Don't go get wild feed due to parasites.

Apologies in advance if you already knew this - just thought I'd throw in a reply since it's been a week and you've had none yet with the very limited understanding I have.

Thanks Adam! I am definitely going to get him some quail to mix things up!
I have done some reading through previous forums here and saw that Womas will eat fish, so I may try to find some parasite free fish that he could try fishing for on a rare occasion so he can try hunting!

My Woma eats Rats, she is on Medium Rats once a week and I am going to switch it around but she likes bigger food items. Rule of thumb, feed food items a little larger than the Pythons tummy and it will grow nicely.

Latest posts

Back