Woma Python - When to upgrade to larger enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Portley

Reaction score
Hi All,

Our new Woma Python is currently living in a 7 litre click clack container and he is currently 9 months old and approx. 56cm long.

At what age/size is it recommended to increase the size of the enclosure from the click clack to a larger enclosure and what is the recommended next size (litres and/or dimensions?

Appreciate that everyone will probably have different views but any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Portley

Is he feeding well in that container? Seeming happy enough? Then please don't change him into a larger enclosure or you may end up with feeding and shedding issues UNLESS he appears to be too big for his container. I would say this is unlikely if he's 9 months and 56cm long.

In terms of size to move him into I am unsure so I will leave that part of the question...

Once you move him he may go off food for a bit just being new and settling in. Personally I would wait until at least 12 months but that's only my opinion and only because I've had a few teething problems with mine since bringing him home. I'm sure someone more experienced will be able to help a bit more than I can.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Mack. He is feeding really well on weaners, is happy being handled and all signs are good so I agree that its probably best to get him settled in the same size click clack then look at upgrading in a few months time.

He will be fed again a few days before we bring him home (which should work well) but curious to know if it is a good idea to leave him untouched for a week when we bring him home or if its ok to handle him once a day to start with as he has been regularly handled and seems friendly (so far).....?

Hi All,

Our new Woma Python is currently living in a 7 litre click clack container and he is currently 9 months old and approx. 56cm long.

At what age/size is it recommended to increase the size of the enclosure from the click clack to a larger enclosure and what is the recommended next size (litres and/or dimensions?

Appreciate that everyone will probably have different views but any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Portley
My Sandfire Woma python is 2.5 months old, already weighing 109g and 60.26cm and living in a 14L sistema container. He is very happy and feeding very well, still on fuzzies, but soon changing to velvet rats.
This is my 1st pet snake, so just wondering why is your python only 56cm after 9months? Is mine too big for his age?

Back