Woma python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lane_033

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got my woma python just over a week ago he is about 4 months old, he is sometimes really good and other times well yeah, in the last week there's been two times where he bites and doesn't let go the first time he bit he hanged on for 15 min and I had to pull him off me then second time the same, is this normal for woma, yesterday he was just a calm gentle snake and today he's biting non stop is there a better time of the day to take him out or should I be feeding him more he seems to be bite and hang on a few days before I feed him maybe I should feed him every 5 days instead of 7 ?

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

What size rat are you feeding him? My black-headed python bit and hung on when he was ready to go up a food size.

I have him on fuzzie mice, just once a week but I was wondering do you think it's ok to feed him every 5-7 ? if he's biting like this.

I'm not exactly sure how big he is but that's him in the pic.
583aa74e450df750d2f2f35b4c56eb7c.jpg

At that size he might be able to take a hopper rat. 5-7 days seems fine for a growing woma.

Fuzzy mice definitely 1000% too small, I give baby carpets fuzzymice untill about 2mths old If that

Could definitely take a small rat, but would push it fortnightly

I agree with herpetology my carpets at that size are on small rats try your woma on 1 if it won't take it try a weaner
If it is bitting & coiling your hand it is a sure sign it is hungry as that is a feeding response
If you still have

Definitely bump the food up to a hopper. He's biting because he wants something bigger. ;)

Hey everyone thanks for your replies it really helps, I realised that I'm already feeding him hopper mice not fuzzie mice I got them confused, I gave him one last night and took it fine, but I feel like anything bigger might be to big. That was 5 days after his last meal so I'm thinking I might just try and feed him every 5 days if he will take it.

He looks a bit thin to me, he has the length but not the girth. Look at his size around his tummy and pick a rat a bit bigger that his tummy size. A trick I used when mine was biting is to wait until the snake goes into the hide and settles down, take the hide off and pick him up.

Feed him up and he will be good after a short while, I fed mine every couple of days. As she started to put on some weight she stopped biting, just be patient, it will be worth it.

He looks a bit thin to me, he has the length but not the girth. Look at his size around his tummy and pick a rat a bit bigger that his tummy size. A trick I used when mine was biting is to wait until the snake goes into the hide and settles down, take the hide off and pick him up.

Feed him up and he will be good after a short while, I fed mine every couple of days. As she started to put on some weight she stopped biting, just be patient, it will be worth it.
I use that trick to..

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back