Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
Alright, fess up! :lol: Personally I'd lock myself in the laundry & let the snake finish me off. How embarrasing.

I wonder what was said when they phoned 000 ....."gasp, gasp, gasp" ...not a good look for the hobby.

The woman was talking on the phone at home last night when the snake wrapped itself tightly around her neck.

Paramedic Jason Pitman says the woman was able to remove the snake and call triple-0.

"The snake was wrapped quite tightly around her neck a number of times and started squeezing quite hard causing breathing problems," Mr Pitman said.

Woman calls triple-0 after pet python wrapped itself around her neck - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Yeah, does anyone have more info? My colleagues are concerned for my welfare :p

Wonder what kind of snake it was. Seems like the movement of her voicebox and the blood through her neck kickstarted its instincts.

mhh, i know pythons would be incredibly strong but wouldnt you just grab it behind the head and unwrap it, get someone else that lives with you to help, jump in the pool... was the 000 call necessary

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what kind of snake it was. Seems like the movement of her voicebox and the blood through her neck kickstarted its instincts.
dosnt say but it was probably a spotted python :rolleyes: ;) :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
why do people hang pythons around their shoulders ? I've seen a lot of people do it.
Your pulse can be felt on your neck so maybe it was just an automatic response for the python.

im sorry it was me, my perthensis is really strong

mhh, i know pythons would be incredibly strong but wouldnt you just grab it behind the head and unwrap it, get someone else that lives with you to help, jump in the pool... was the 000 call necessary

- - - Updated - - -

dosnt say but it was probably a spotted python :rolleyes: ;) :D:D

Someone I know had a 1.5m olive bite and wrap her arm and it took two people even with running it under the tap and trying to open its mouth a bit of time to prise it off and that is only small for an olive. Hard to pass judgement without all of the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"She had neck injuries and was suffering a headache and blurred vision due to the fact the snake had been wrapped so tightly around her neck." -yeah i would say the 000 call was pretty necessary..

We can have a bit of a giggle sure, but i tell you what - if i was having genuine problems breathing for any reason, i would also probably call for medical assistance. We have no idea what kind of python this was - a big coastal, bhp bredli etc. really could be capable of doing damage.

Last edited:
Vic woman's python wraps round her neck

A MELBOURNE woman has been taken to hospital with neck injuries after her two-metre python wrapped around her neck while she was on the phone.
mf.gif

|-
| valign="'middle'" |
| valign="'middle'" |
|-

a2t.img
MD-2Dh_-94k

Published On: 25-Mar-14 08:54 AM
Source: via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

Last edited by a moderator:
why do people hang pythons around their shoulders ? I've seen a lot of people do it.
Your pulse can be felt on your neck so maybe it was just an automatic response for the python.
Maybe because large pythons are heavy and awkward to hold with just your arms/hands? And wouldn't you want your arms/hand free to move the python if you needed to?

Someone I know had a 1.5m olive bite and wrap her arm and it took two people even with running it under the tap and trying to open its mouth a bit of time to prise it off and that is only small for an olive. Hard to pass judgement without all of the facts.

understandable, but if my life was in risk id defiantly do more then just call 000. I know ill probably get flamed at for saying this but if i HONESTLY thought my life was in risk i would disable the pythons by all means even if it meant harming the python. I have had a 2 kilo carpet around my arm, no doubt it wasn't a struggle to get it off (especially without coping another bite) but i think if i didn't care for it so much it would have been a quick process to get it off.
(i am one of them pussys that don't even like grabbing snakes behind the head :D )

understandable, but if my life was in risk id defiantly do more then just call 000. I know ill probably get flamed at for saying this but if i HONESTLY thought my life was in risk i would disable the pythons by all means even if it meant harming the python. I have had a 2 kilo carpet around my arm, no doubt it wasn't a struggle to get it off (especially without coping another bite) but i think if i didn't care for it so much it would have been a quick process to get it off.
(i am one of them pussys that don't even like grabbing snakes behind the head :D )
I think most people would hurt a snake over dying.

What happens when people play with snakes ,they escape,get injured,she needs something else to do.

Sounds like more of a reactionary thing to me. The snake obviously just wanted a cuddle! I love how this is apparently newsworthy though - clearly she wasn't too bothered. She's popped the snake back into it's enclosure PRIOR to calling the paramedics.

Maybe because large pythons are heavy and awkward to hold with just your arms/hands? And wouldn't you want your arms/hand free to move the python if you needed to?

I get what you're saying .
It would also depend on just how big the animal is.
although they are in captivity they are not tame and owners do things at their own risk.
Human tend to become too complacent and have that "this will never happen to me" attitude.

Anyway, it ended well and hopefully she won't put herself in that situation again.

This is a great example as to why you should never become complacent with your animals and also keep your attention on the animal.

If you need to make a phone call, put the animal away.

I not gonna bother reading the article but to those who mock her, do not underestimate the strength of your 'pet' python. Especially if it is wrapping around your throat.
There is no antidote for a lack of oxygen and it is a well known martial arts fact that blood that travels up to the brain through the arteries on the side of your neck when squeezed at the right point will block the blood flow and render you unconcious. It takes about 4 seconds.
So enjoy your pet snakes and the bullet proof feeling you get when you have one, when it comes to things like this, but don't underestimate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back