Woodie heating. Heat cords?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Out the Back of Queensland and a bit more
Got some woodies who are a bit chilly this winter and not breeding so looking at heating them up. Was looking at using a heat cord ideally as their cheap and low running costs. Im keeping the woodies in 60L plastic tubs with wheels.
1st question: Will a heat cord do the job?.
2nd question: I havent used heat cord before and Im wondering what wattage to get ( temp goes down to 4 c at night and 20c during the day).
3rd question:I was going to run the heat cord underneath the tubs on one half and leave the other side blank for temp graduation( no thermostat) so if it did get warm on an off day they wouldnt fry. Cool?
4th question: i guess you need a tile or similiar so cord is not in direct contact with shelf or plastic tub, yes?
Ther you go, so what do yous reckon?

Yes, a heat cord will do the job. 4.3 or 6 metre, depending on how many tubs you have. Run the vord completely under the whole tub as they need to be around 30 odd deg C and will die if too cold. Tub is fine straight onto heat cord as there is ventilation underneath and they won't get excessively hot.

Cool bananaananas hugsta. So the 15w, 25w, 50watt heat cord are all producing the same heat then? just a different length so they up the wattage? Also hwen you say completely under the whole tub, im guessing just one pass width ways would do the job? or a couple of passes underneath?

IMO you would be better off with heat tape for roaches. You can get both from the herp shop which ever way you decide to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back