Woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spookadook

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any tricks for getting woodies out of the container and into a gecko cage without me A) throwing up or B) Getting complety weirded out and dropping the lot then running and hiding like the girl that i am? So far been managing the 7 mintue in the freezer trick with the crickets which is working wonders, but im curious if that wrks with woodies also.

cheerios
Shan

Yeah mate, wack the cockies in the freezer, they will slow RIIGHT down! :) That will work with almost any insect..

i have a thin tipped syringe that i chase them out with
works with crickets to

Use a toilet roll sealed at one end. Look in there if there is to many give it a light tap and some will fall out then move it into the enclosure. Works well overnight on woodies

Last edited:
Yeah mate, wack the cockies in the freezer, they will slow RIIGHT down! :) That will work with almost any insect..

its funny that, i left the woodies in the freezer the other day for a good 10 minutes, i got them out and almost no movement, just an antenae flick or leg kick here or there. I thought i killed them. I placed them above a warm oven and hey presto, running around like mad 5 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back