worms in a beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockman

Reaction score
hi , we just brought a pair of beardies and have now found them full of worms . we are taking them to a vet tomorrow , they are full , like i remonve some with twezzers out of tere mouth , any help would be great , thanks

In the mouth? That's disgusting! Did you buy it from a petshop or a private individual?

:shock:

Hix

it was a private sale . i suppose i should have looked , it's just he had alot of reptiles and i thought he had more knoledge than me , but when you can remove maybe 15 worms buy twezzers , it makes you wonder how are thew still alive , eh !

PM him Rockman, don't post the name in the open forum.

:p

Hix

Worms in lizards are really common, it's pretty terribly irresponsible to sell them like that, with such an obvious infestation, but unfortunately it's very common. Panacur should clear things up nicely, you should be able to get it cheaply from the vet. Keep whatever the lizards are in immaculately clean throughout treatment to prevent reinfestation and keep in mind that some types of worms will readily spread to your other animals and yourself.

This is a warning to check animals carefully before buying them and if possible look at a fresh ****. I once bought a bluetongue which seemed fine, but while in quaranteen passed a turd full of worms, much to my disgust. Panacur fixed this up although the lizard spent an extended period in quaranteen. Incidentally, this lizard was actually gravid at the time and all the babies were healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back