• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Beardie Gear - Sth Sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd be able to edit my old thread but I couldn't so here's the new one.

I've got my license
I've got a tank

Now all I need is heating/lighting.

If anyone has some good quality (i.e. working) electrical stuff that would be suitable for a bearded dragon, let me know.
The tank is you standard open top variety, with a little fixed glass ledge.

I'm after a ceramic socket and lead, a 4 or maybe even 3 foot fluoro batten. Either single or double.

If no one can help, what shops do people suggest buying through?
Wings N Fins at Sutherland seem good, as well as Pet Care 2000 at Taren Point.

I'm not forgetting online stores too.
URS, and HerpShop, what else is there?

Thanks for your time.

David.

herp shop is one over the cheaper online stores arround, plus they are really helpful if u want to know anything. I would suggest getting your stuff online becaus the petshops will charge you atleast double the price and may con u into buying someother stuff which u dont need while your there.

I went to a store in Campbelltown recently, and the guy talked me out of getting a ReptiGlo 10.0 and said I'd be cooking my dragon. He said to go with the 8.0
Does that sound right?
He seemed really honest and down to earth with me.

I can't comment on the state of the fish in that shop though lol.
My GF was upset by all the fish caught in the filters.

Dave,

First stop for any electrical stuff (not herp specific) try AJ & PM Sales on the corner of Oak Rd and Waratah St Kirrawee. Their fluro fittings will be a lot cheaper than the herp places, although not sure if you will get any prewired.

hi there dave the stuff you need ,i sugget you go to a electrical whole sale shop like john turks or any other shop you"ll get the stuff all wired up and have the price of pet shop .herb supplers

Oopps. Probably should've closed this by now lol

I found a 4ft double tube fluoro in the garage, and I wired it up myself. It was pretty easy since there was a nice little mounting block inside, ready to go.

Then I just bought a URS ceramic lead, and got the tubes/bulbs from elsewhere.

thanks for all the help guys.
Now all I need is some dragons lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.