• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Snake Book A Guide to Australian Snakes in Captivity Elapids and Colubrids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worm1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, as the title says, I'm possibly after a copy of A Guide to Australian Snakes in Captivity Elapids and Colubrids by Scott Eipper. If anyone has a spare one around let me know; it would be much appreciated!

Yes you are! Your books are awesome btw, I'd love to get more but they are all so expensive nowadays lol! Just wondering, what elapids do you currently keep? Would love to see some photos of your animals!

And was also wondering if you have ever had any good elapid herping locations in the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane region? I understand most people keep herping locations hidden but I've been trying for months and all I find is small eyeds lol. Any rough ideas would help heaps!

Sorry for the pile of questions, but like I said before, I'm quite a fan boy xD

Last edited:
Hi all,

We don't have any copies of the book (left other than our own), I would love to have copies we could send out to people but we cannot pass on what we don't have. I am happy to answer any specific questions though.

As for herping spots around brisbane /SEQ depends on how you want to herp- if your driving roads at night you will see things but usually only fleetingly. I like walking on bush tracks in good habitat, pick your species you hope to see, research it and be in the right habitat at the right time and with a bit of luck you might find your target.

cheers
Scott

Thanks mate, I am quite interested in nocturnal elapids such as Stephens' banded snakes, Common deathies, crowned snakes ect, so I plan to do some Mt nebo, Mt glorious, D'aguilar NP night-time road cruising over the next few months, seems like the closest place they are found near me so I should find some of the target species :)

I would love to be able to help
Have you thought about talking the publisher into doing another release of the Ebooks? I’ve been desperately searching for any kind of copy over the last year and have had 0 luck :/

Hi All,

Australasian Elapids - Ecology, Captive Care and Reproduction is now available via Edition Chimaira- make no mistake this not the same book as the 2012 book.

At 576 pages, with more species, more chapters it is the most detailed book on captive management of venomous snakes ever produced.

We are looking at bringing in another shipment into Australia.

cheers,
Scott

Latest posts

Back